Followers

Saturday 19 June 2010

A Fab New Challenge Blog


Sitting at my computer looking through the crafty blogs (it's a dirty job but someone has to do it lol) I happened to come across Linda at Studio L3's fab new challenge site. It's based on Sir Tim's Compendium of Curiosities book. The only problem was it involved actually using the book rather than just stroking it lovingly then putting it safely back at the side of my bed. Now I don't know about you but my craft room is no fit place to take a book. I'm the messiest, inkiest and 100% clumsiest person I know, and to put fab book, water, and me together - what was Linda thinking :o).


So I tidied up first just so I could find the table, and set to work. Just to prove the point that all stash should be kept intact,and never used, I had to take the wrapper off 2 of the ink pads, and both of the stamp sets. I'm forbidden to disclose the method used, but for those with the book, see page 35.I don't think I'm cheating by putting a photo of my 'recipe', but if I am please feel free to sent Tim round in person to tell me off :o)

This was a great challenge, it's made me use the stash I had to pawn the kids to buy, and it's made me realise that the stuff in the book is achievable (this just shows how good a teacher Tim is) Looking forward to next weeks challenge.


Have a great weekend and thanks for looking x

5 comments:

  1. Sue, it's FABULOUS!!! I'm so glad you sacrificed the ink pad wrappers and dove it. That water-stamped text is gorgeous.

    Your craft room sounds like mine. I know there's a table there... somewhere...

    I'm thrilled that you joined the Challenge and am very much looking forward to seeing more of the beauty that happens when you open those product packages! ;-)

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's beautiful! I haven't tried stamping with water onto distress inks yet - I'll definitely be giving that a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I must try the water stamping with script, it turned out great - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how yours turned out....I'm glad this challenge is up..so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tag....I love TH but thought the book was not worth the money but of course thats just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.