Followers

Friday 1 October 2021

Autumnal Colours/Halloween For Country View Crafts

 Good morning and a very happy Friday. Now I'm not saying that this year is galloping by, but it's October already!!! A few more weeks and I'll be doing my Christmas countdown! We are launching a new challenge today over at Country View Crafts, and it's Autumnal Colours/Halloween. Here's my first piece.


I wanted to spell out Autumn, but my dies are too big to get all the letters on. I could have put 'Fall' but Autumn is Autumn to me, and fall is just something that I do, usually over my own feet!


I thought I was going to make a journal page so I stencilled a background. This is when I realised that my dies wouldn't fit, but I cut out my word anyway.

Then I stamped the letters with a text stamp to add a bit of interest, and then triple embossed them.


Next I cut a skinny card with a die set, and cut my word again from a piece of Craft Consortium card.

I don't know if you remember my journal page from last month, but I cut a LOT of leaves, and loads were left over so as if by magic we have leaves under the leaf.

I hope you like my card, and that you join in with the challenge. Please show us your Autumn colours.

Have a very happy day whatever you are doing, and thanks so much for looking x




10 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful piece with all the lovely leaves. I found a whole box of painted and die-cut leaves and flowers this week, I made them last year, so I can now use them for this year's autumn! And I have joined in the challenge, too! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love design and the autumnal colours that you used - stunning 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy October! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and big letters Sue!! And a great way to use your leftovers of leaves indeed, lol.
    Sorry for not having time to comment all your previous posts, but of course I see eveything and enjoy ALL your last makes!!! :D
    Happy creative weekend (it's cold here now brrr..), hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and colours, Sue!!! I love it!!! Have a nice October!!! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is a beautiful composition, love how you used both inny & outtie of the lettering, the triple embossing really gives the word leaf some class. You could so easily adapt this for a Christmas card and yes those weeks sure are speeding on by..
    Happy creative week Sue Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Sue! Have a great October! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sue, you always make me laugh, thank you for this =). Your explanation of autumn and fall.... haha, so funny!
    Your card is very lovely! I like the colours and the big letters.
    Have a wonderful October!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Wishes for October.
    I always enjoy this month and this time of year :)

    This is another lovely card, great colours, and the word is so appropriate! They are beginning to fall.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well we have to be creative... I went with "winter is coming" for a lack of u(s)! Looks great Sue! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Sue, i love it! It represents my favourite time of year, hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.