Followers

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Stop Asking For Permission


Hi and happy June, let's hope that Summer is on it's way. This month the challenge over at Country View Crafts is crackle. This was one of those projects that changed so many times (and nearly ended up in the bin) before it was completed.


I started by gessoing a Tando triple arch. All the paints and mediums are by Deco Art.


 The front was then painted with Media Fluid Acrylic in Primary Cyan, Primary Yellow, and Primary Magenta.

This is where I stopped taking the photographs - I think I was having too much fun. The outside of the frame was coated in Crackle Glaze.
The insides were sprayed with DecoArt Media Misters from various heights to give different splatters.
This gave me lots of lovely crackle, which I went over again with the Media Misters. It was at this point that I decided that it was too dark and grungy, so I painted over with Crackle Paint and then applied a Prussian Blue wash.


I was much happier now - still grungy but a bit brighter.
All of the insides were stamped with Bee Crafty stamps.
I really like this one, the dribbles are Fluid Acrylics.
I think they work well with the sentiment.

I hope you join in with our challenge this month, there are so many different ways to crackle, there's glazes or stamps or whatever you choose.

Have a fun week, and thanks very much for looking x





20 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great triptych Sue and fabulous crackles and colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. The frames are wonderful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really great frame Sue, it sounds like you had fun making it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool project and nice crackles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An exciting and lively make. I love the textures that you have created Sue. Great sentiment too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't show this one to the teenagers... as if they needed encouragement! Love the stamps and the crackle is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome tryptych - love this and your crackle is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool, Sue! Great crackles and I love the images!!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, Sue. I thought the stamps were VLVS! though...
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so loving this, just my sort of thing. Thanks for sharing it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh fabulous Sue!!! :o)
    Totally free, messy, grungy and so cool, I love this, everything is just perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, what fabulous texture, it is cracklicious! Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally brilliant! Love the contrast between the ancient weathered arches and the feisty, modern, combative images and words. What a great sentiment too... love this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous sue/// arches are great and love those images and colour balance xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Sue and such a spot on sentiment too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that spray paint can x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning project, I love the spray can too!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.