Followers

Wednesday 8 June 2016

All Creatures Great and Small

Good morning and happy Wednesday. The Stampotique challenge this week is All Creatures Great and Small. I thought that I would go with all undersea creatures, so this is what I made.


This is a photo frame that's been in my stash since time began, so it's time it came out to play.


The frame was gessoe'd and painted in Dyna paints. Then there was lots of stencilling.
Seaweed was stamped and painted then sequins randomly added. Thank you Sam for my new sequin addiction lol.
The background was stamped with Daniel's Hearts and Rudy and Reggie have been painted and coloured with pencils. I put in some acetate so that I could add some sequin insides.
This was how it looked at this stage. I thought that the ammonites weren't showing up too well, so I added some black ink around the edges.


I wasn't sure which I prefered, but it was too late to change now lol.

So I had a wipe around with a baby wipe, then splattered a bit of white paint, and I'm much happier now.

I'm also entering this into the That's Crafty sea challenge.

I hope you have a fun week, and thanks very much for looking x

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous underwater scene, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sheen on this piece and beautiful images. Like the way you added a few jewels as well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh love,this hun great piece love,the sea horse hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piece! Guess what song I'll be singing all day....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Valerie, I've been singing too! I had this hymn at our wedding many (many) years ago and everyone had a good old sing along :-D xx

      Delete
  5. Fabulous art Sue, love the images and design, I can feel the electricity between Rudy and Reggie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! Love these seahorses! Beautiful colors too! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful Sue - I love seahorses so for me this is fabulous! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sue, what a lovely piece. Thanks for the visit o mine and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, LOVE this, Sue - those seahorses in the heart are especially delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so wonderful and fun! love the decorative doodles at the top!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors - I love the seaweed with the sequins!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little know fact that all seaweed comes with sequins :-) x

      Delete
  12. Oh, fabulous!!! I almost missed this post, would be a pity Lol :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so dreamy, those sequins finish it off beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.