Followers

Friday 3 June 2016

Clock of the Heart

Good morning and happy Friday. It's the 3rd day of June and I've still not seen the sun, I feel like Eeyore with my own black cloud lol. The wonderful Andy Skinner is running a Time challenge on his blog, so this is what I made.






There are a ridiculous number of photographs so I'll keep the words down. All paints and mediums are from the DecoArt range (need to order more Quin Gold now) and all the stamps are by Andy Skinner.


I started with a MDF pocket watch and gessoed. Then added the bits and bobs. The circle portions are the Tando punch outs that are left over from last years Mixology.


Next I added Texture Sand around the edges and in random splodges. It was all painted with the semi transparent blues and greens, with Paynes Gray and Quin gold for the rust.


Cut out lots and lots of cogs and 'rusted' them too. Stamped with the Andy rust stamp, then dry embossed and added Metallic Lustre.


More Tando innards that have been stamped and embossed with Andy's clock. I must admit the embossing didn't last, I sanded it back to get rid of the shine.


Lots of dry brushing, then went over it all with a Prussian blue wash to blend it all together, and used some Silver Spark (my new favourite) Metallic Lustre to the numbers.


Yay time to build now! I used an old CD for the base, and stamped the Andy clock in Stazon. I must have had this ink pad for 10 years now. Rusted and dry embossed a few more cogs.


The heart has been painted in a mixture of Pyrrole Red, Primary Magenta, and Paynes Gray, then it's been dry embossed and rubbed over with Burnished Brass lustre. A bit of rusty wire (and lots of hot glue) is holding it all together.






A few words from Culture Club (yes I'm that old) on my mop up tag that's been stencilled with black gesso and Andy's stencil. This song had been going through my head as I was making it all so it needed to make an appearance.



There we go, all done! I must admit I do like it, so it's not got thrown in the box in the corner - yet!


I'm also entering this into the MMM 2nd anniversary challenge and have chosed 'dimention' as the theme.
Have a great weekend, I hope the sun shines, and thanks very much for looking x



14 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Love all the rusty bits and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sue - jaw-droppingly cool! Love the colours - how those fabulous bright blues/greens/teals blend across the background - and the added rusty cogs and gears and clocks look amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful clock piece and tag, love all the details. Here it's still raining and thundering, I am wondering if I will see Mr Noah sailing by my balcony one of these days! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big Wow to this. Something so different and special

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing - I absolutely adore it - amazing work xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue, this is amazing! Incredible textures and colours, thanks so much for sharing it (and hope the sun appears soon!) Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant Andy inspired work of art Sue, love the painty layers and all the aged details and elements you have added to create this magnificent piece. I think we must be sharing the same cloud as we've had no sun since last Sunday, plenty of rain though. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A stunning creation Sue.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay sue - as they say - this is my new favorite!! What wonderful piece you have created - laying at the bottom of the ocean, an old time piece which belonged to my great grandfather who went down on the Titanic. Thankfully my grand ma ma survived. I am going to have to leave another comment so I can get everything in!!!! Fabulous Sue!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this makes my little steampunk heart so happy! Love the color combination, texture & all the gears you've got going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous piece, Sue - just delightful...you know how I love steampunk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool project! love the turquoise rusted colors. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic piece ! Sue . Congrats on being chosen as one of Andys Top 3 . So pleased for you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.