Followers

Thursday 9 June 2016

I Can Feel My Heart


The fabulous Kassa has been doing some amazing tutorials. I love her use of colour and texture, so I've had a go too. This has been made with Dina Wakley heavy acrylics. They have been sadly neglected for a while so it was great to get them out again and re-discover the lurve. I've used a mix of stamps from Sheena Douglass for the skull and happy couple, and Stampotique for the flowers.

Rubber Dance Stamps have a colour challenge of purple, turquoise, and magenta so these are the colours that I've used.


Lost Coast Designs are also having a skull appreciation day - we should all appreciate our skulls more! I remember in my jujitsu days mine took quite a battering at times (when I didn't duck quickly enough lol). I also have a medical condition that means I have to use googly eyes whenever possible, even/especially when I shouldn't. I think they look quite sweet as flower centres :-)
I've just discovered Dream In Darkness which celebrates the odd and creepy (back to the eyeballs in the flowers) My wedding couple have been stamped and coloured on shrink plastic.



I've been making clay skulls too to show how much I appreciate them.
This was such fun to make, so thanks again Kazza for the inspiration.
Have a great week, and thanks very much for looking x

19 comments:

  1. Lovely background Sue, perfect for the skull image. Love the colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation.. Love the skulls and flowers together xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! This came as quite a surprise and I love it!!! Fantastic colors - great humor with just the right amount of spook!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, it was fun to make, but I just can't keep away from the googly eyes :-) xx

      Delete
  4. Fab piece, fun colours and style! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project with such a lot of things to admire.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Loving this Sue and the your choice of colours is brilliant. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant work sue. Love the colours ...and the stamps look fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo, awesomeness! Great use of our June challenge colours, and so cool to see that you've combined our challenge with that of Dream in Darkness (which I sponsor this month). Love the flowers and sculls. So many cool details. Thanks for joining our challenge(s)! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahahahahaha. Love the flowery skull and the googly eyes. Maybe they are Black Eyed Susans??? Bwahahahahahahahaha haha ha. Oof! It's great. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this project. I must have the same medical condition because a lot of my flowers stare back at me, too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great clipboard! So many fun elements, hippies, flower power, googly eyed flowers and skulls - a recipe for delight. Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving everything about this Sue, such a fab colour combo and all those details - awesome :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was so cool! Love the colors and the skulls! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge! ☺
    Hugs, DT-Anita

    ReplyDelete
  14. oo wow! You have tied together so many things I love...Kassa and her awesome colors, skulls and flowers! Love the googly eyes on the flower haha. The clipboard do over is awesome, love it Sue! Hope to see you play with us again at Dream in Darkness!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wicked Cool!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! The WINNERS post is now up!  http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-big-winners-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and the texture looks awesome! Those eyes in the middle of the flowers are wicked cool. Fabulous selection of skulls too. Thank you for playing with Dream In Darkness, hope to see you again in July.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.