Followers

Saturday 1 September 2018

Taxi!!

Good morning and happy Saturday - welcome to September! It seems like those long hot days of Summer are long gone - at times they were a bit much, but oh how I miss them now.
There's a fun new challenge over at Country View Crafts, it's Trains, Planes, and Automobiles, and here is my first piece.



I started by matting and layering some map pages from an old map. I actually bought a new one from  The Works to do this, but Neil confiscated it and gave me his old one - how rude! To be honest I was lucky to get that from him. We have a sat nav in the car, but he still insists on taking Ye Olde AA Big Red Book, which show the A1 as the Great North Road, and the M1 as a planned road!

Then I stamped my London images from a PaperArtsy stamp set and cut them out.
And we're all done! No planes or trains, but please come back later in the month and who knows.
I hope you enjoy our fun challenge, there's a £20 shopping voucher up for grabs so please join in.
Have a fab September, and thanks very much for looking x

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic project with such great ideas.Love the map background.

    Have a great weekend

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really fab - nice stamps!
    The 'Ye Olde AA Big Red Book' made me smile
    - M1 just planned - wow you certainly got good mileage from that book :)
    Have a great weekend.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me smile, I think David may have a similarly old map stashed away somewhere too! What a great composition this is, those taxis all lined up are a timely reminder of why I don't much care for London these days... but your card is superb! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stamps and I ADORE your fabulous London card! Unique and so cool to take a map as a background and then creating such an interesting design with the frames and sewing! Fabulous!
    Happy weekend!
    Hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project, pics of my home town always make me happy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this Sue ! So inventive ! love the map background ! My hubby has a sat nav but still insists I read the map at the same time ! lol
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant ide to use an old map for the background!!! Great design, Sue!!! Have a great September and big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab design, Sue! I too keep the old maps and you know, sometimes, even though the road names have changed they come in handy when the sat-nav gets confused...

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a brilliant design - love this to bits Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really fab Sue, I use vintage maps lots and I'm glad to see that you got to swop new for old! I love the London scene you created. Happy September, the year is flying by now.Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great take on the challenge Sue love those many Taxi's, fabulous way to use that map even if is wasn't the one you had intended to use. Sounds like Neil was due an upgrade hee hee!! Road maps are a pet hate of mine.. i'm rubbish at giving directions with them.
    Thanks for sharing, hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.