Followers

Friday 1 November 2019

Feelin' Groovy

Good morning and happy Friday, welcome to November and the weekend. There's a fab new challenge over at Country View Crafts which is 'hand stamped'. I'm really happy with this as I can't remember the last thing I did that wasn't based around a stamped image.

 Stamping has always been my first love, and since I got my stamping platform I love it even more. You can't beat the magic of watching embossing powder heat up, and as my drawing would have to improve loads just to be rubbish, I have quite a collection of stamps. 
Neil if you're reading this they are all really old, I've not bought any for years - honest!
Who am I kidding, I don't think he even knows what a blog is, to him it's all just 'messing about on the computer' after I've finished 'messing about with bits of paper' lol.


 I started by making my background. I've used some retro Craftascope stamps. I really like these as you get the outline and the 'solid' stamps so it's really easy to add colour straight from the inkpad. I've used Ranger Archival as they dry really quickly.

 They also have really groovy words - did you see what I did there...
So that's my background all done and trimmed to fit an 8x8 card.

 I wanted to background to stand out and be interesting, and also to let a much smaller focal point stand out, so I die cut some shapes out of a piece of black card.

What's not to love about this fabulous Tim Holtz goat! He's been stamped, coloured, and then cut out with the matching 'hipster' dies.


I cut the black card to exactly(ish) the same size as the background, then stitched it all to my base card. And we're all done, a guy card too, so that's definitely worth double points right?
I hope you like my 'groovy' card, and join in with the fun challenge. Just put your best stamping foot forward and hit the linky.
Have a fun month, and thanks very much for looking x

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous piece Sue, really groovy. fab stamping as always. I'm sure Neil is proud of all you do! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, Sue!!! I love the background stamping and of course, Tim's goat!!! Happy November!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I like about stamping, you put different brands together and voila a unique composition! Teaming the Hipster with these retro stamps was a good idea and I'm getting a definitive 50s vibe from this card. Great work Sue! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Sue ! Love it ! Hope you are enjoying your holibobs !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is awesome...love your description of how you did this too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant colouring of that hilarious hipster goat, and he certainly looks at home against that funky retro background. Seriously cool despite the warm colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kay, I hope you are all well xx

      Delete
  8. Fabulous card Sue, this goat is so fun I agree! I love your background. You show us that we can still have lots of fun even without buying always new stamps...
    Happy weekend and creating at your side! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous and fun, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sue, that could sound as a discussion between m e and my husband, lol-
    Love your retro background and Mr. goat looking rather speculative , lol- Have a great weekend, Sue, here it is raining and grey :-( xo <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. great make Sue - this looks fabulous - very groovy!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful Sue. Looks so much fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really do love your groovy card Sue. I watched Nick on Hochanda today, his designs are all so beautifully retro and you have used his stamps beautifully here! I am not going to mention the AR..... Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not brought any stamps for years either Sue but I've been told by fellow crafters that they do breed if left alone and unstamped Hee heeee...! Fab, fun and definitely groovy your background makes a great foundation for your mat and layered images. Wishing you many more stamps to come.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your messing about if fab. Love that background and the goat. An interesting and perfect combination. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this Sue..so vibrant and happy. Enjoy November xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post to look at and read!
    Thank you.

    I just love the goat :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun and groovy card, a real "Sue" one =). Love it!
    Gorgeous goat and background!
    Happy November!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.