Followers

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Under The Sea

Good afternoon and welcome to my second post of today. Lost Coast Designs have a brand new challenge starting, and it's a nice easy one - Anything Goes.




I started by stamping the Seahorse and the large Journaling Letter Guide onto some smooth card with Distress Oxides, and smudging whilst the ink was still wet. This works better with some colours than other but all the blues are fine. I used a mixture of colours on my stamp, which is really easy to do with a stamping platform.



 Next I blended some Tea Dye DO onto the page and splashed with water.

I added some more stamping with the text from Leonardo's Accessory Set, and some stencilling top and bottom. For the words I stencilled in Tea Dye, then 'bumped' it with some DIY filler 'cos I know that this absorbs some of the colour, and it dries really quickly.
To finish off I added some sequins (of course) and stamped the Carmen's Veranda Compass Square and the Eternity from Mystery, Eternity, Hope, Goddess onto some velum and stitched it into place. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I could add it to a card blank if I wanted.
I hope that you join in with our challenge, there is rubber up for grabs for a lucky winner.
I'm also entering this into the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday challenge, which is Make Your Own Background, and Simon Says Stamp Monday which is Wild Things.
Have a wonderful August, and thanks very much for looking x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, you have been busy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, and yes I have been busy lol xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant make Sue with so much beautiful detailed work and so fresh looking. I adore the funny seahorse!
    Happy August to you too!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susi, this is one of my favourite seahorses too (and I have a few lol) xx

      Delete
  4. A very atmospheric creation Sue. The misting really gives a watery effect and the amount of detail is fab.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour combo Sue, the Tea Dye DO is becoming my new Favourite Favourite now. Love those little added sequins.
    Super Sea themed card.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is a fabulous and fun seahorse Sue, the smudging works really well with the blue and I do love that compass square! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Sue!!!
    Love your technique used here, all details combined gives stunning results!!
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card with so many lovely details, this is lovely Sue and thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that's magical - love the soft smoky stamping effect - your underwater scene is so atmospheric.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful and dreamy. Love it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous colors you have use. I love the distressed look and all the layers of stamping. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -- Good Luck!

    ♥ Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.