Followers

Tuesday 1 August 2017

A Tim Birthday Card

Good morning, happy Tuesday, and happy August! How did we get here so soon, the last time I looked it was the beginning of July! A new month always means a new challenge at Country View Crafts and this time around it's two of my favourite colours, Blue and Green. 



I started by making a background with Distress Oxides in Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, and Broken China.


Then I added stencilling with Distress Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, and Twisted Citron. I used the TH mini stencils, sets 5, 9, and 10. Then I stamped the background with Halftone & Rings - this is my very favourite background set.


I wanted a nice 'blokey' stamp for my main image, so I've used this one from Sideshow, together with the numbers stamp. I've also used dies from Mixed Media, and Mixed Media 3 to chop into the background.


And we're all done! I love how these dies look when they are layered over the black card.
The 'happy birthday' is from my favourite Celebration set.

This card was in an envelope and in the post almost before the ink had dried lol.

Have a very happy August, and don't forget to join in with our challenge with your blues and greens.
Thanks very much for looking x


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love those colours. Time is flying! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Sue, love that background and the silhouette stamping xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, the sunshine is back here..sending some your way.The mixed media dies look fab used on your card...a really great effect. This is a great male card...they are always tricky. Have a wonderful August, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card with lots of action and great colours

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Sue, the mixed media cutouts look amazing with the black basic card!!! Fabulous masculine card!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sue! Fantastic background !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous - love the Oxide background and the cutting and stamping all look amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Sue -I love the background - I k=now want to go and dig out my Tim supplies and play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Sue! I have a lot of the TH supplies you used here including that fab Celebrations set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea to chop into the background Sue. Love your creation, but I always do! Xx 😜

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome make - I love all the stencilling and use of dies. brilliant. Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is my very favourite of everything you've made Sue, it's stunning!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SOOOOO fabulous! Love the strong contrast and the gorgeous collage stamps. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great card and technique, thank you for the photos Sue! I love how you used these mixedmedia dies!!!
    Fantastic!!! :)
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Sue! I love everything about it, great composition!!
    Have a nice sunday!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, my friend! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.