Followers

Wednesday 26 October 2016

There Are Always Flowers

Hello and Happy Wednesday. Here is another of my 'out of the freezing cold garage' creations. It was made for the latest PaperArtsy Squares and Grids challenge.


For the first time in years my alcohol inks have had an outing. It's been so long since I had used them that I'd forgotten how to! I was dripping the ink straight onto the card, I'd forgotten that it went onto the felt pad first lol.
The frame is by Tando, and this has been coloured with White Fire Fresco. Then I drew the grid on it, then painted it again.
The stamps are JoFY set 14 and Kim Dellow's Eclectica set 1. I know the butterfly is flying the wrong way up, but he's heading into a strong wind ( if he was the other way up he'd be dead lol)
I really like how this turned out, but I haven't put a sentiment on yet 'cos I'm not sure where it will end up. It's not very often I have a card made without immediately having to send it out.
Have a very happy day, and thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the colours. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sue, I haven't used my alcohol inks for ages too, never seem to get them to work for me!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of the ink on this stunning card

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue , hi its Mary R. I love the BG and the white circles.....not so much the flowers... see you on FB
    MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delicious card Sue, I absolutely love it!!!
    Great use of your alcohol inks btw, I'm like you, don't use them very often haha.. Looking at this, I certainly should use them more!! :o) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Sue..super grids too! ..alcohol inks are such fun aren't they! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these colours - very bright and cheery xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Sue! Its such lovely colours and someone is sure to be thrilled with it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant card Sue. Fabulous images and bright colours, love the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, wonderful colours! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had to have a look round at what you've been up to and found this, gorgeous colours. I had to smile about your techniques with the alcohol inks. We have so much stuff now that things get forgotten or not used for a while and when you do get them out.....well I certainly forget what I used them for or how to, so I fully understand what you're saying. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.