Followers

Tuesday 18 October 2016

True Love Never Dies

Good morning and happy Tuesday. It's my turn to share my Visible Image project with you today. Although we've not had Halloween yet, I've moved forward to Day of the Dead.




I started by applying lots of DecoArt Multi Surface Satin paints to a chipboard heart, then stencilling over the top. It's looking a bit rough at this stage but it doesn't matter.
I put another stencil over the top then went over again with watered down gesso.


Next I stencilled Day of the Dead with black gesso, and stamped the large stamp from Mr Bone Jangles twice for placement.
I then stamped him onto card and cut him out. Mr and Mrs BJ have been stencilled and even doodled on (yes I doodled!) He's also been stamped onto shrink plastic (baby BJ lol).


My sentiment has been made with my go to label maker. I would be really lost without this!

It would be fab if you shared your Visible Image makes with us in our Show and Tell file on facebook. 
There's also loads of inspiration here in our FB group, then there's the blog , and the shop  where you can see all the lovely stamps.

I'm also entering this into the Lost Coast Designs's 31 days of Halloween scary or weird challenge, and Dream in Darkness's creepy or weird (anything but cute) challenge. Though I do think the BJ family are quite cute!

Thanks very much for looking, and have a fun week x

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this, fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and cheerful and very fitting for Dia de los Muertos. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ideas on this and so good that used a heart shape

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sugar skulls, what a great make. Thanks for linking up to the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Sue. I love baby BJ..how cute.Gorgeous layers and agree I love my label maker too....thanks goodness they still make them. My old one died this year and I was so relieved I could replace it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background! Have to give that a try! Love this piece it is so awesome! Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this most spooky month! Nan, CT

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I am here, Sue, I want to thank you for linking this beauty up with us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! Good luck! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, I'm not normally a lover of the Day of the Dead but I'm loving this and the heart was a great idea. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever ideas and design Sue, I love the whole concept of this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow,you are so clever,the design and detail is fantastic,just love your work sweetie love hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is so much to love about this Sue. The background technique is awesome!!! And your doodling adds sooo much fun. I agree with everyone, it is a really clever make.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vivid, funky and full of celebration... a much better approach to death, I always think. Love the doodled details bringing those skulls to life!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant colours Sue, for something deathy it's full of life and energy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Briiliant make Sue, what a fabulous - yummy! - "skull" heart!!! Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really amazing Sue! Love the brilliant background, so perfect. Amazing! Thanks so much for bringing your art to share at Dream in Darkness!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feliz DiĆ” de los Muertos! Totally creeptastic, thx for joining in on our Halloween celebrations over at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, Happy Halloween! Now you can dig out your Sugar Skulls again and come and join in our DOTD celebrations too ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.