Followers

Monday 20 February 2012

Alice Comes Out Of The Closet

I tend to stalk challenge blogs for a while before I pluck up the courage to join in, and this time the unlucky victim has been The Altered Alice
which celebrates all things Alice in Wonderland. The challenge this month is to use hearts. I've used a chipboard box that I got as part of a set from The Range and painted it with white acrylic. The heart and crown stamps are from Cherry Pie Art Stamps and I've had these for a couple of years now but  have hardly used them.
I covered the lid in various tissue and washi tapes, then decided that I would rather have acetate in the middle, so cut it out with a craft knife. I may as well have used a knife and fork for this - an expert with a craft knife I am not! I stamped some acetate from the same stamp set and stuck it to the box lid, then embossed the edges to try and cover up the mess I had made in cutting it out :o)
This is the inside of the box, again using the Cherry Pie stamps of Alice and the Queen of Hearts.
And this is how it looks altogether, in real life you can see the Cheshire Cat up a tree grinning down on them. I really enjoyed making this even though it's another of those 'what are you going to do with that' thing lol.
Thanks very much for looking x





14 comments:

  1. Great transformation and does it really matter what you are going to do with it as long as you had fun making it!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful ! what a great conversation piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is just stunning,Hun,the detail is just brilliant,really is one super transformation Hun just love this,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Sue, I love the acetate on the lid and the use of tape. Great use of images inside too. Fabulous. It's great to have you join along in The Altered Alice Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic. Your altered box looks wonderful, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you made, this is really orignial. And I know what you mean about working with a craft knife! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great transformation , well done
    Hugs
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say we are the "Lucky" victim at the Altered Alice with this fabulous entry! So happy you have joined us. I love the Cherry Pie art stamps you used especially the Cheshire cat (my favorite from the set). How clever to use the acetate to stamp the cat....makes him disappear and reappear just like in the story! The Alice and Queen images on the inside of the box are equally fab. Hope to see you again at the Altered Alice!

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb Sue.
    I hope your week is going well.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Love the way the vanishing Cheshire is floating over the Queen and Alice, so clever! We are not feeling victimized but rather lucky that you decided to join in our monthly challenges, and I hope you'll be back next month! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Very unique, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Cute project!! Well done!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.