Followers

Wednesday 1 September 2021

All The Leaves Are Brown (and green and red)

Good morning and a very happy Wednesday. Can you believe it's the first of September already? The days are getting shorter and I know that Autumn is on its way as the leaves on the Acer tree outside my craft room are starting to turn red. To celebrate the prettiest of seasons, the new challenge at Country View Crafts is "The Leaves Begin To Fall"
I got this Tim Holtz die a while ago but this is the first time it's been out of its packet, so this challenge came at just the right time.

I started by making my background. I've just got some of those posh "toothbrush" blending brushes and I really like them.

Then I cut and built the flowers and the leaves using various card packs that have been in my stash since time began.

I've not put a sentiment on yet as it could be a birthday or a Mother's Day card (and if I don't make my sister's wedding anniversary card pretty sharpish it could be heading off down there!)

And this is what I've used.

Tim Holts Dies

Lisa Horton Dies

I hope you like it, and that you join in with our challenge. Please remember that leaves must be the main focus of your piece.

Take care, and have a very happy September x

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous piece, love how you built up all the leaves and flowers, very pretty. Here it feels like Autumn, too, and yellow leaves are fluttering down. Time to get my woollies out! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is so subtle and the Brushstroke flowers are beautiful!!! Have a wonderful September, Sue!!! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were you I would get it in the post straight away, it would be a lovely wedding anniversary card - the flowers are really beautiful. Surprisingly it said on the weather report this evening that it will be warm all next week.... we shall see! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece, all these dies and the stencil work so well together considering they are all different makes too. Just gorgeous. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s one of my fav songs Sue, so a great opening to your blog post for me. I love what you have created from the subtle background, (I too love those blending brushes, so easy to use and a lovely effect) to those die cuts for the focal point. Love it hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and now I'm going to be singing that song for the rest of today ...lol 😉. Loving the leaf stencilled background the the die set you used - perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and Happy September! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that song too :)
    I also like this card.

    Happy September wishes, I really like this time of year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card Sue and yes it will work perfectly for any occasion. Happy September, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all came together beautifully, Sue! Yes the brushes are excellent for stencilling delicately and/or precisely... plus they don't shred overtime like the foam pads or smoothies!
    Happy September! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue this is a beautiful card, what ever you choose to use it for it will be a treat for those that receive. The stencil leaf background has blended down so smoothly, I have a set of those posh toothbrushes too and seem to be much kinder to the wrist. That die was patiently waiting for you to take it out of the packed and create this, very pretty.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Sue - I adore that stencil too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card, Sue! I love the subtile background and the bunch of flowers and leaves!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.