Followers

Saturday 1 February 2020

You Can Leave Your Hat On

Good morning and happy Saturday - welcome to the weekend! Today is the start of a new challenge over at Country View Crafts, and this time the lovely Teresa has chosen Splatters, Splashes and Drips. Here is my very splattery card.

I made this for my son's partner's father - luckily he has a sense of humour!
I started by making some watercolour paint with Brusho's in red, yellow, and blue.

 Then I used my fan brush to make spatters.

 As this was Brusho I knew I could add lots more water - the page just burst into life at this stage.

 I don't know who put these stamps away in this condition. Obviously I clean them everytime I use them....

 I used the same inks on the stamps to make my spatters.

 Then I added the sentiment from the Bee Crafty set. In the end I decided that it didn't stand out enough and I re-stamped it onto a banner cut with a Tim Holtz strip die that I'd had forever and never used. Once again if you keep something long enough....

I love this skeleton stamp set, but thought he would look better on a body, so I used my favourite Zinsky fisherman from Paper Artsy. 

Ah you can't beat a good head swap every now and then!
I hope you join in with our challenge and get splatting! There's a £20 voucher up for grabs for 1 lucky winner.
Have a great week, and thanks so much for looking x



12 comments:

  1. What a fun and fantastic piece, Sue, just LOVE it. Sometimes I wouldn't mind a new head either! Have agreat weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. How fun is this! Fabulous card, dear Sue!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The head swap was such a brilliant idea Sue, I love his moustache too. I will be humming the tune all night now... I love it when Tom Jones sings it! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The head swap is clever... I must remember this! You really went all the way with the drips and splats, Sue! Mine feel so restrained now, just shows how a control freak I really am! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant mash up character, great card
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card and text, Sue!!! And what a perfect background for the current challenge!!! You nailed it again!!! Have a nice February!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious...what a super fun card Sue with lots of drips and splatters. Happy February xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome fun card ! Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious - and fabulous words!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this great!
    Happy February Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.