Followers

Sunday 9 February 2020

Bloom And Grow

Good morning and happy Sunday. It's ages since I've made any tags for my tag book, so I thought the Country View Crafts challenge of Splatters, Splashes, and Drips was the perfect opportunity to get tagging. 


 I started by cutting some tags out of glossy card, and choosing my alcohol inks. I've gone all high tech since I last did this technique, I've bought a can of air rather than using a straw. To be honest a straw is just as good and it leaves you two hands free so I'll be going back to that. Maybe I'll give my computer keyboard a treat with the canned air - not that it needs it (much!)

 I've used Studio Light and Aall and Create stamps for my images. In the end I had to tape my card down to my stamping platform as the glossy card was clinging so firmly to the stamps that it kept lifting. 

Then I added some stitching and dyed seam binding, and added to my big tag. You can add a bit of colour too with alcohol pens if you wish, but I think these stamps look just right on their own, and once you've added it you can't take it away again.



 I love how bright and cheerful these look, and it was good to make some tags again.
You've still got ages to join in with our challenge - in fact there's an extra day this month, so put your best splatter forward!
Have a very happy month, and thanks so much for looking x



8 comments:

  1. Fantastic, happy tags, love how you made them. Great colours, too. Splatters and drips are always fun. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thee are gorgeous Sue. Love the bright colours and cool stamps. We have a tag challenge at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity you know LOL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Sue. Such lovely splashes of colour as a backdrop for your stamping.
    Hope you have a great week too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags Sue, I love your canned air splashes, especially the way it marries up with the flower in the centre tag. The colours really lift my spirits after such a wet and windy day! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me thinking Spring--even though I am no longer in the U.S. Your color palate and flowers bring warmth to my soul! Beautifully created, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the strong colours and urban grunge vibe! Have a good week Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see, you had a great time and fun with the colours!!! Fabulous tags, Sue!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They really are so bright and cheerful …
    Lovely creations.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.