Followers

Saturday 22 July 2017

My Little Book Of Wisdon

Good afternoon and welcome to the weekend.  It's my turn to post over on the Lost Coaster's Review today, and I'm sharing how I made my Little Book of Wisdom.



I've made my book cover using one of my favourite techniques, which I've sadly neglected for a while.


I started with a plain chippie notebook, and covered a piece of card slightly larger than the book with some sticky aluminium tape. Then I ran it through an embossing folder and cut to size.


This was then painted with black Deco Art Media acrylic and sanded back.


A coat of quin gold was added to give a rust effect. Once finished I attached it to the book with a strong double sided sticky sheet.


Now my favourite part. I chose my favourite colours of UTEE and made a pretty pattern on my craft mat.


Then heated it up until I had pools of molten loveliness. DO NOT stick your finger into this it will make you say baaaad words!


Make sure that your stamp is inked up and ready to go as the UTEE cools quite quickly.  I stamped my wonderful new Steampunk Heart stamp and pressed down firmly.


Love it! Once it had thoroughly cooled I carefully peeled it off my heat mat and attached it to my book with strong red line tape.


I rusted up some washers for the corners...


and then chose a word from my favourite Miscellaneous Words set.

If you are still with me thank you very much :-)
Please keep checking back at the Portal for lots more inspiration from my fab teamies.

All of the new stamps can be found here and here.


I'm also entering my book cover into the Mixed Media Monthly challenge 'altered embellishments'

Have a fun weekend, and thanks very much for looking x

8 comments:

  1. Amazing front for your book with inspiring ideas and techniques.

    The alumium tape is always one of my favourite but you have added a new idea to how to get a great coloured finish. Once I clear my craft space I can't wait to try it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous book cover. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful rusty effects on the background and great heart using the EPs. The finished cover looks amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer - absolutely stunning, Sue! The grungy metallic look you've created with the embossed panel is perfection, and that heart is amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic; there is so much to see !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Sue and I did wonder how you created the heart....so now I know! By the way,can't see why you can't enter it for the current TC challenge too as it's grunge like isn't it ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. just discovered this Sue on the Mixed media blog. Love what you have created! I have used plumbers tape many times but never thought to run it through embossing plates! Doh!
    Thanks for the inspiration , it is wonderful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool technique and amazing result! Love this! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.