Followers

Saturday 22 April 2017

Feelin' Groovy

Good afternoon and happy Saturday. Today I'm whisking you back to the swinging 60's for my step by step for Lost Coast Designs .



Cat Trio 2 is one of the fabulous new rubber stamps at Lost Coast and I love it! I know I say that about all cat stamps, but look at those faces!


I started by painting a piece of 7.5 x 7.5 card in bright yellow. I could just have used yellow card, but I prefer the feel of  the painted stuff.
It's still quite pretty at this stage (it wont last) I've used an Andy Skinner stencil for the inside and Portfolio pastels have been rubbed through. I did try acrylics on some TH foam but it ended up seeping underneath and things got a bit messy.
The flowers are a PaperArtsy stencil, and I really like these with the Portfolio's.
Time to throw the kitchen sink at it all now. It's another Andy Skinner stencil that's gone over the top and I've wiped black gesso through with a baby wipe. There's also lots of white Posca pen in there.  Are your eyes bleeding yet!!
As the background was rather bright (honestly it is lol) I kept the cat colouring simple, which was a shame 'cos you could have such fun with these! But, I Needed a contrast, so I've just used a few Posca pens to colour in the tails. Look into their eyes (if you dare)
The sentiments were printed out on the computer, then it was all stuck and sewn down.
This was such fun to make, and I know that you'll be seeing lots more of these cats. 
Thanks very much for looking, and enjoy your weekend xx


9 comments:

  1. Very groovy ! great stuff !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, the 60s were great, wish I could go back!Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific project and the cats fit in so well withe the grea background

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A riot of colour from the riotous decade, great make Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see the breakdown on how you made this Sue.. Shows just how much love you have put into it. Bright bold and beautiful, a great card to wake up to or should I say a great card to *WAKE* me up :)) Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is certainly very groovy man.....I may have to add those cat stamps to my large pile of feline goodness ;)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this piece of "tie dye" art, Sue! And, yes, I do love your "zentangle" kitties, too! Thanks for sharing the how-to on this piece because when I saw the background originally I was mesmerised and couldn't figure out how you got it done. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card Sue!!! And I agree with you, those cat faces are ready too cute! LOL.
    Happy creative afternoon! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.