Followers

Saturday 1 April 2017

Don't Forget To Fly

Good morning and Happy April. Our challenge this month over at Country View Crafts has been chosen by Evelyn, and she's picked a really interesting one - Rust.  Here's mine.




There are lots of ways to create rust effects, and for this project I've used rusting powder, and DecoArt paints.
I've painted some matte medium onto the corrugated card, sprinkled on the rusting powder, then sprayed with white vinegar.


Once dry and rusted I roughly gesso'd around the edges. I've given the same rusting treatment to a piece of cheesecloth and some loosely woven linen.


I wrapped a piece of thin cotton around some card and used Media paints and Andy Skinner stamps to create the rusty background, then stamped the Finnabair stamp and cut her out and removed the card.


I added a few metal bits and bobs, stuck down with Glossy Accents, and lots more rusting powder and vinegar.



She now has a few watch parts in her rusty hair too.
More rusting powder on my embellishments, and I painted and stamped the paper flowers.


I'm really pleased with how these came out.


I've added some jump rings and tiny beads in the centre.


Time for a little bit of paint splatter and to stick it all together. This kind of turned out how I saw it in my head, but it did grow a bit as it went along.

I hope you join in with our challenge, it's a lot of fun and a tiny bit addictive! Thanks very much for looking and have a great week xx







13 comments:

  1. Morning sue. This is brilliant. I love it. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue, I love the Finnabair stamp! Great rust too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous rusty layers, techniques and ideas Sue - love your project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning piece Sue and the flowers idea is brilliant--must try that for sure

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a rustylicious creation Sue. Like the little bead additions, great touch. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project Sue... love the layers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rusty, distressed piece looks great! I'm a person who literally cannot tolerate the smell of vinegar, but have found I can achieve the same results with hydrogen peroxide. What a clever way to treat your lovely flowers. Great techniques all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous vintage project with great rusty elements! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Sue I love your rusty project!! Fabulous rust you created! Especially the rusty flower are gorgeous!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is fantastic !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see you back Sue.What a brilliant rusty creation you made...lots of super rusted elements on it too. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous grungy look. Gorgeous! Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this project yummy rusty layers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.