There are lots of ways to create rust effects, and for this project I've used rusting powder, and DecoArt paints.
I've painted some matte medium onto the corrugated card, sprinkled on the rusting powder, then sprayed with white vinegar.
Once dry and rusted I roughly gesso'd around the edges. I've given the same rusting treatment to a piece of cheesecloth and some loosely woven linen.
I wrapped a piece of thin cotton around some card and used Media paints and Andy Skinner stamps to create the rusty background, then stamped the Finnabair stamp and cut her out and removed the card.
I added a few metal bits and bobs, stuck down with Glossy Accents, and lots more rusting powder and vinegar.
She now has a few watch parts in her rusty hair too.
More rusting powder on my embellishments, and I painted and stamped the paper flowers.
I'm really pleased with how these came out.
I've added some jump rings and tiny beads in the centre.
Time for a little bit of paint splatter and to stick it all together. This kind of turned out how I saw it in my head, but it did grow a bit as it went along.
I hope you join in with our challenge, it's a lot of fun and a tiny bit addictive! Thanks very much for looking and have a great week xx