Followers

Tuesday 30 August 2016

It's A Game of Two Halves...

Good morning and happy (and sunny) Tuesday. I wanted to join in with the Indigo Blu All Things Bright and Beautiful challenge, so I made a plaque.


I do quite like this, but it's not how it was supposed to be...
I started with some crackle paint through a stencil.
Then painted with Indigo Blu paints, and yes my memory is so bad that if I don't photograph what I used I can never remember. I think my brain is just so stuffed with pop trivia from the 70's that other (less important) things dribble out lol.
I added some stencilling
and some more stencilling..

Then I dropped my nice juicy jet black Versafine straight on top of it! I didn't photograph this bit, I just whimpered in the corner for a little while.

So on to plan B - I never actually have a plan B. I painted over the black bits - sounds a bit like my baking 'I cut off the black bits'... and added more stencilling to balance it up again.


and here we are, not what I had in mind, but not in the bin either.


My crackle is still crackling after about 20 coats of paint, so I'm also entering this into the That's Crafty crackle challenge.

I hope you have a lucky day, and thanks very much for looking x


18 comments:

  1. Well I can't tell where the black went and I adore the end result so it's a win, win Sue!!! LOVE that mix of stencilling over the painted background and the hint of crackle swirls with the dragonflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very beautiful plaque with wonderful,ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous rescue job, looks stunning
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recovery - so sorry to hear there was sobbing along the way, but so glad you made it through! Gorgeous summery look to this and I really like the darker layers - like a dappled woodland glade in the shade.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful Sue - really gorgeous and perfect for the Indigoblu challenge! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though you had a little accident it is a lovely piece, Sue !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's one fantastic recovery hun you really have created a work of art I love this bet it looks amazing close up. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of wonderful layers and colours Sue, this is a fabulous summery piece and I would never have known there had been a mishap if you hadn't said, you made a brilliant recovery with it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really wonderfully clever - and I tell you Sue - this is absolutely gorgeous. In fact I am going to ask you if I can copy some of your ideas. What a splendid recovery!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can Sandy, though why you would want to drop an ink pad on your work is beyond me ;-) You take any idea you like, and have a fun weekend xx

      Delete
  10. Brilliant make Sue and I'm quite happy to hear that I'm not the only one who drops their ink pad all over their work too......unfortunately I do it rather a lot!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sue, you got there in the end, and you would never know you dropped a black ink pad. Loving all the texture and colours. Thank you for taking the time to join in with this months blog challenge at IndigoBlu.
    Good Luck, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your story of painting over the black bits - how many times I've done the same thing with black gesso! Well done for Plan B, even if you didn't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is truly exquisite! What a gorgeous crackle and color! Love the perfectly placed dragonflies. A treat for the eyes, Sue! <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue, It's great for us that you have to photograph everything you do ;) so we can inspriring from you.
    Great work you have done.
    Thank you for joining us over at the IndigoBlu blog Challenge.
    Hugs Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, Hi, Wow, this is amazing! Thanks for entering the blog challenge! Maxine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.