Followers

Saturday 12 January 2013

You've Got To Paint It Paint It!

The uber tallented  Michelle has been showing lots of lovely examples of Paper Artsy  goodness over the past week, and the challenge is to use this to inspire you.
I started with one of PA's papier mache hangers, and painted in shades of yellow and blue. I tried to follow Leandra's   corner, corner, side method, but the more I tried the worse it looked. In the end I painted over the top with Snowflake and started again. I tried not to over think it, and with the help of Beach Hut and Limelight ( I LOVE the translucents) I'm a lot happier with the result. 
The Paper Artsy stamps around the edges have been stamped directly on the base, and the silhouette and chessman quote have been stamped onto PA tissue paper and stuck down with matte medium.
The bird is a viva decor stencil which has been embossed is gold.
I really enjoyed this, and I can't wait for the future challenges.
Thanks very much for looking x

11 comments:

  1. This looks great, you can't beat a bit of corner, corner side!!! I love the colours (I have been channelling them too...) I can't wait to see what's next either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks for being inspired the challenge over at the PA blog. This is my most fav alterable to work on, the combo of Beach Hut & Limelight looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, lovely colours! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy piece, Sue - I love those hanging boards, and you've done wonders with this one! Love the gilded bird, and the stamping against those gorgeous colours is fab...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done that you persevered until the background worked the way you like it. Those little boards are fab to work on and you did it perfectly ! Thanks for playing along this week with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh well done Sue for trying again. Love the colours you've chosen and the paints blend perfectly don't they.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job, love all the stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having watched the corner, corner, side tutorial I am with you - it is something which has to be practised to perfect and needs you to go with the flow on balance. Yours has really worked well and hats off to you for persevering. Love how you've then chosen to take it with the stencilling and stamping. Most impressive Sue. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours! I wouldn't know where to start with something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful background, love the colors. The images are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue, this is a wonderful hanger, so pleased you joined in so I can see your wonderful colourful project. Looks like you've had lots of fun too getting all painty. You go girl! Well done. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.