Followers

Sunday 6 November 2011

Down On The Farm

Over at Gingersnap Creations the theme this month is Farm Fresh. I don't have too many (1)farm type stamps,so here it is lol. The background papers are some old K&Co that I've had for years, and they've been inked with DI's. The front one has been stamped over with a Fiskars plaid stamp to give it more of a 'farmy' feel. The rooster and sentiments are  from The Paper Company.
Rocky the Cocky has been gilded (ouch) with my latest toy Indigo Blu glue and gilding flakes. Who's a pretty boy now then!
It's all been backed up onto a cork kitchen tile, and then a piece of brown card that's been ribbled. Now for a confession, I was the one person in the whole crafty world who didn't own a Tim Holtz Distress Stain (until yesterday - I now own one lol) I figured that as I had the inks, and the re-inkers why would I need the stains. But I bought the Picket Fence one to see what all the fuss was about and curse it I do like them. I've used it on the brown card and it does look pretty good in real life.

I didn't mean to have eyelet all around but I didn't look where I was putting my first set of holes (??) so unless I wanted to hang Rocky upside down (and I'm pretty sure they only do that in bad satanic films) I had to add another set.
I really enjoyed making this, and I hope it's farmy enough.
Thanks for looking and enjoy whats left of the weekend x

7 comments:

  1. He's a lovely farm feathered friend, Sue! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loove your rooster! I haven't got any distress stains either, no money for buying. I would like to try them, But I am just about managing to live without them! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab hanging, I love blingy Mr Rooster. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL love the eyelet exp!!

    It really does have a farmy feel to it, I think it must be the gingham background

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous, sue! I stopped by earlier, but then went to check out that glue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful rooster. Wonderful colors.Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.