Followers

Sunday 20 November 2011

It's Sketch Time At Stampotique

The challenge for this fortnight over at the Stampotique challenge blog is to follow a sketch. I havn't done a sketch challenge for ages, and I must admit my mind went blank when I looked at this one... THEN I thought of Miss Snottie and the rest fell into place lol.
I stamped the Divine Miss S on cream card and cut her out with a nestie (after cutting her hair out first). The kraft card has been ribbled and pricked around the edges.
The music panel is from the TH Christmas Kraft Resist stash, and it's been inked with the Barn Door Distress Stain which I didn't want, didn't need and now you try taking them off me! The colouring power is brilliant - I love 'em :o)
I wanted the Snottie one to look like she was coming through a paper burst, so I tore the TH Kraft Glassine paper from the centre outwards. This is fab to tear as it doesn't run away from you - if you want it to tear you have to give it a good old tug!
I gave her a Christmas hat just so you know it's nearly Christmas :o)
The strip down the middle of the kraft resist is from the TH lace Alterations die. I cut it in gold mirror card then ribbled it to give it a German Scrap look. My husband (bless him!!) took one look and said 'why have you put Space Invaders on a Christmas card' Don't be stooopid I said, it's lace ohhhhh....... yeah I can hear the music playing and they're fireing their little missiles and that's that die ruined forever...
Anyway, that's one more Christmas card done - it's really sneaking up on me this year (same as last year, the year before, the year before that... can you see the pattern lol)
Enjoy what's left of the weekend, please excuse any spelling mistakes 'cos spell checker seems to have gone walkabout, and thanks very much for looking x

16 comments:

  1. LOL fab card Sue, love the sentiment xxx

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sue, love her little Santa hat. I did laugh at the space invaders comment from your hubby LOL. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...this could be me! lol great take on this sketch! love the dp and the image you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this card is perfect and she looks so guilty :-) Thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just brilliant Sue - love the cutting of the hair and the way you created her popping out of the card. So original and clever.
    Happy Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and sentiment! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Sue!
    Miss Snottie does look guilty. Love her hat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 42.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really made me laugh! Great Sue! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Perfect sentiment for that Stampotique image! Thanks for playing along at the SDC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a card with attitude if I ever saw one! How fun. Love your post BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Stampotique!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, this sentiment always makes me laugh!! I love how you've embellished Miss Snottie! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!
    Cheers,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! Loving the santa hat. Brilliant!

    Thank you for joining us again at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.