Followers

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Yup It's Christmas Card Time Again!!

The Challenge over at The Stampman this time is Night Time.  I saw some window template cards by Creative Expressions a while ago, but I was unable to get hold of any, so I decided to make my own...
So armed with some acetate, a pen, ruler and a paper trimmer, this is what I came up with.
I colour dusted my card with Stormy Sky and Chipped Saphire, then sponged around the edges with Black Soot. Tim's Tall Trees and some of the Winter stamps from Creative Expressions were then stamped with black archival ink.
The window card was stamped with a snow stamp and dusted with Chipped Saphire and Black Soot. This was then stuck over some acetate and folded over the card giving it a bow in the middle to add some dimention.
The rosette is a Creative Expression stamp, as it the zipper flower (love these!) and the hat pins. The ribbon is American seam binding. It was all then stuck onto some black card, and then the base card which is A3 folded in half.
This is going to be my Mum & Dad's Christmas card, trouble is it's going to need a deep box to fit it in (how faffy is this!!)
I really enjoyed making this, but it definitely comes under the 'special' cards catagory.
Thanks very much for looking x

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing Sue, you must have needed a good cutting blade and a sharp eye but the result is brilliant!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work, Sue! I am not sure I'd have the patience to do all that cutting out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is lovely Sue!! it makes a really striking card. Your cutting out is very neat.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Sue! I definately wouldn't have had the patience for that cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what alot of work you invested in this one Sue, it is beautiful and I bet your Mum and Dad will be over the moon with it.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the night time challenge at The Stamp Man.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not been by for a while am having a lovely time now enjoying these fabulous scenes you have been creating quite magical. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work but not one I'd like to repeat over and over, lol. Love the idea and you've executed it perfectly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.