Followers

Sunday 16 October 2011

On The Street Where You Live

I don't normally 'do' Halloween, but last year I bought myself a We R Memory Keepers Halloween pad so I thought I'd better use it. I made myself a haunted house. I traced around an old Craftwork Cards template to make myself another couple of houses. The one on the left and in the middle have been covered with the WRMK's papers, and the outsides not so carefully painted in orange acrylic. The one on the right has been alcohol inked in red, yellow and plum. The windows have been cut out and pictures put behind. These have been printed on accetate and are the 'Anabel Lee' sheet from Moonlight Journey.

The skeleton stamp is from Tim Holtz, and I've also used various Artistic Outpost stamps from the Halloween set.
My spooky bird has been cut on chipboard from the Tim Holtz die, the stamped with the cobweb stamp from A.O, and embossed in black. I've then blended purple and yellow DI's and clear embossed again.

The cat is from the same die and has been cut in Kraft Glassine, crupmpled to within an inch of it's nine lives then splodged on in black archival. This has then been heat set.

The ironwork fence is one of Tim's On The Edge dies again cut in chipboard and splodged with black and platignum inks.

I had a lot of fun making this - it's nothing like I had in my head but it will be in my front window on the 31st.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Gingersnap Creations - alcohol inks
Shopping Our Stash - Spooky
Simon Says Stamp And Show - things with wings

Thanks very much for looking x

9 comments:

  1. I just LOVE all these great, spooky things you have made, well done! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous houses sue! I love them all, and I adore that raven too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo fabulous. I love the spooky-ness of the haunted house! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us over at SOS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sue, this piece of artwork is just stunning. Love the inky backgrounds you have created. Thank you for joining in with Gingersnaps Creations on the alcohol inks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creation! So much to see! Great elements! I've been meaning to buy that bird die cut. Must get before it's gone! Fabulous Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love this, the gold is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun combination of papers ... love that spooky little bird ... so glad you joined us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun project for alcohol inks! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.