Meanwhile back at the challenge... what I do not do with my stamps is stamp directly onto the project. When I first started cardmaking the done thing was to stamp, colour, cut it out and stick it on (sound familiar) and this is what I still do. So armed with my new stamps I decided to make my own backing paper. I used my giant hexagon first in Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw distress ink, then overstamped the small hexagons with the honey coloured one. I threw some clear embossing powder on and hoped for the best. Then I brayered a pale yellow over the top (doesn't show up too well on the photo) THEN I got really brave and overstamped my killer bees (The Stampman and Stampotique) and clear embossed again.
This is how it ended up, just cut up an wrapped arround a candle jar. I'm really chuffed with this 'cos it started life a piece of white card and ended up as something else, and I like that. So thanks again to Just for Fun - your challenges are really challenging and I love it! Thanks very much for looking x