Followers

Sunday 27 March 2011

Feeling Blue (and brown) and blue (and brown) The Stampsmith Challenge

Here's my entry to the latest Stampsmith Challenge which is Blue and Brown. I got myself into a right tizz with this, I started by cutting out a card blank with the die, but it seemed to be too much of the same shape. I  was surrounded by die cut Basic Gray in various shades of  blues and browns, and I could not get it to look right.
I finally settled on these and Marilyn (she makes any card look good).
I added a bit of lace and some flowers. The stamping says Celebrate in Style - something that Marilyn always did.
Thanks very much for looking and have a fab Sunday x

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sue a little pink (or light brown) can make a whole heap of difference as you have shown us here XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely jazzy background, and the MM pic is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like my Balancing Act make. It is a make I am really pleased with but have not had many comments? So yours is appreciated. I love this image of Marylyn. One of my favorites. Love what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, it is great to see you join TSSC again, much appreciated.
    She looks gabulours in this colour scheme.
    Good Luck with the Prize Draw and hope to see you for the new challenge theme on 1st April.
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is fabulous! I love the dp that you chose and you're right, Mariyln is perfect here. Thanks for joining us for The Stampsmith Challenge! Good luck in the draw! :)

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehehe!!!!! Can just imagine you in a tiz with all these die cuts - lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sue! Love that image of Marilyn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How retro! That paper is smashing - and of course, Marilyn... sigh, she does look good anywhere! I love how the little flowers set the whole thing off... just beautiful! Thanks for hangin' in there with this layout - we love seeing your work in The Stampsmith Challenge!
    Cheers,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.