Followers

Sunday 7 April 2024

Welcome Aboard

 Good morning and a very happy Sunday. Today I'm sharing a travel wallet made with the beautiful Titanic 2 collection from Relatively Thoughtful.

I made the base out of 1 A4 sheet of thick (300 gsm) black card so it's very economical with cardstock.
I cut it at 29 cm, then scored at 14 and 15 cm (so there is a 1cm hinge when the folder is closed) The card needs to be sturdy, but not so stiff that it cracks when folded.
For the pockets, I took an A5-sized piece of card and chopped 1/4 of an inch off the short edge.  I put a pencil mark at 5 1/2 inches and 2 1/2 and cut straight across.
As they are from the same cut they match exactly - phew!

To turn them into 3-dimensional pockets I scored at 1/2 an inch and 1 inch, then trimmed the corners and burnished really well.
This is the inside of the folder once the paper has been added.
And this is the outside.
These are the measurements of my pockets. I cut my Titanic papers 1/8 of an inch smaller all around.  I also remembered to reverse one (phew again!) I put some strong red liner tape around the outer edge, which will fold under to create the 3-D pocket.
Just stick them down making sure to create the gusset. I always add wet glue to the red liner tape to give myself some wriggle room.
Now for the fun part! I made lots of embellishments...
To go with the postcards that are included in the collection.
And here is the front all finished.
And the back. I really like how the tags look with the oversized paper clips.
This is the inside, all stuffed with embellishments,  postcards, and tags.
I really like how the photographs look in a die cut film strip.
And these tags are amazing.
As always the collection is available in both digital and A4 paper format.
For new inspiration every day please visit our social media pages.
Have a lovely day whatever you are doing, and thanks so much for looking x


















2 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I am reading a book which features the titanic!

    This looks a great creation.

    I hope you are enjoying your April days.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, as always. I'm glad I wasn't on that trip - okay, I wasn't born back then. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.