Followers

Saturday 1 January 2022

Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines

 Good morning again from me! Here's another new challenge to play along with, this time it's Lost Coast Designs, and the theme is Let's Fly. Here's my first project. 

As soon as I stamped my steampunk gentleman this song started running through my head (probably because I'm very old lol) so I knew that it had to be my sentiment.

I started by making my background with some mixed media card and distress oxide inks.
Then I stamped my flying machines for placement. I wanted to just stamp the buildings but I wasn't happy where I'd stamped them. They were a little bit too low for my liking, but that can be fixed later.

I stamped my flying machines again and embossed them with bronze embossing powder. I also stamped my 'Magnificent Man' and coloured and cut him out. 


I typed up my sentiment and added it. I'm still not happy with the placement of those rooftops lol.


So I inked up another piece of card and re-stamped them. You know what this means - yep - fussy cutting - shoot me now!

Oh but I'm so much happier with it now! It's mad isn't it, it's just an album page, just for me, no one is ever going to see it (apart from you guys) but I had to put it right! I've also inked around the spires to add a bit of 'old London smog'


These are the stamps that I've used.

I hope that you join in with our fun challenge! There's only 1 rule, the focus has to be on real stamping - no digis allowed!




So once again I wish you all a very Happy New Year, and thanks so much for looking xx





7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sue. It's an awesome page and fab fussy cutting. Well, it's got to be right hasn't it, or it will bug you for eternity and beyond bwahaahhahaa. The adjusted skyline is perfect, so well worth the extra effort. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. No good having a page that you don't enjoy looking at even if you did have to make it twice. Happiness is what counts. I like you second version. Love the stitching too. wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Crafty New Year. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending more Happy New Year Wishes.

    You do realise that I'm now singing 'Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines' LOL

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project and stunningcolours. Impressive.
    Happy New 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me smile because I would have done the same as you, even down to the fussy cutting - and like you, not my favourite task. The man in the flying machine is just brilliant, you coloured him beautifully. I will likely be humming that tune for days now.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, this is a really fun piece. I can't count how many times I've re done stuff even though I know that anyone else looking at it would probably think it was fine. Thanks for the comment over at mine. Retiform is an odd name for a crafting technique especially when you consider where it came from but it's the net like effect that it produces. Take care and have a lovely week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I have this same scene in my head to do, since I have the cityscape and flying car stamps. Love seeing yours! I've got a Gecko Galz steampunk ship image to use instead of the dirigible. Just love what you've done here and I hear ya about needing it right! I've fussy cut that skyline before, it's a pain so smart girl to smoot it up, I'm hoping to avoid it, but who knows. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.