Followers

Wednesday 18 August 2021

All Good Things Take Time

 Good morning and a very happy Wednesday! Today I'm over at the Ink Art Designs Stamping Playground with my Art By Marlene accordion journal. "Oh no" I hear you say, "not that journal again" BUT... this time I've actually finished it! (ok half-finished it, but let me enjoy my moment)

I've used some of my favourite stamps on this one too. I love this elephant, and the mandala is one of my favourites of the clear stamp sets.

I was on the final four pages of my journal, so I decided to do them all. I started by stamping and colouring the mandala on the already prepared pages.
Then I stamped and coloured my elephant 3 times. I used my Zig Clean Colour pens as they are such bright colours.

I worked out where the elephant would go across the crease in the pages, and put a score line in the elephant. That way I could glue it on both sides, but not where the page needs to open and close.


Now there's a tiny bit of wriggle room so the elephant (hopefully) won't crack over time. And now for my 'Ta Da' moment....


Here it is, all done! 

Ok, it's only half done, there's still the other side to do, but I have an idea for that already.

All of the stamps used are by Art By Marlene, and Dot has a fab range of everything Marlene here in the store  https://www.inkartdesigns.com/shop/ 

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing, and thanks so much for looking x





6 comments:

  1. Sue ... this is amazing! What a fantastic feeling it must be to have a whole side of this journal finished. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the other side.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is GORGEOUS! Fabulous album. I hope our elephants don't crack, I think I am rather cracked myself, perhaps I didn't get glued together properly! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 'ta da' moment, I can see why you love that elephant so much and the bright colours really suit it! Love the background too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooooo ooooh 'ta da', I'm in love with this!!!!
    I also adore this elephant, and your background with this beautiful Mandala and coloring of everything is so lovely! You made an adorable journal, well done Sue!! Hugs, and happy crafting day I hope ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving ABM designs and am not tired of this amazing book at all. The elephants really look great finishing it off. I love how you layered and colored throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good, and I do like the elephant :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.