Followers

Thursday 19 August 2021

Adventure Awaits

 Good morning and a very happy Thursday!  Today I'm back at Country View Crafts with my second project for our Monochromatic challenge.


This time I've made a card for my brother-in-law as he and my sister have a beloved camper van.

I started with a Brusho background in shades of blue, and added some stenciling with the AALL & Create world map and circle stencils. I then stamped the wonderful AALL camper stamp. I loved how it looked but didn't feel that the image stood out enough.


So I stamped it again on some thick vellum. I tore round the edges and embossed it in some ancient Moon Glow Two Tone embossing powder. Honestly I must have had this at least 15 years but it only comes out on special occasions lol. I also coloured some bits underneath with blue and white pencils to highlight them.


I wanted to highlight the turtle and van windows further so I added some Glossy Accents. Maybe not the best of ideas 'cos it really made the vellum warp (OK I did put rather a lot on) I attached this over the original card with brads through the wheels and it actually looks quite nice now - the warping seems to give it a bit of movement so we'll pretend that that was part of the plan!


Before I added the vellum I put back the two stencils and put through some Izink Ice just to make the design stand out a little more.


This is what I've used.

Distress Ink

Distress Oxides

AALL & Create Stamps

AALL & Create Stencils

Izink


I hope you have a lovely day whatever you are doing, take care, and thanks so much for looking x





7 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous, those colours and stamp are just exquisite...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you added the dimension to the camper! Awesome card for someone who will truly appreciate it. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Sue, really special! Short comment, I am tired! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such an amazing card! The blue monochromatic design is so beautiful with the stamped vellum and I love how you highlighted the turtle with the Glossy Accents - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for the inspiration and wishing you a happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like this and the colours are perfect.
    I'm sure your brother-in-law will really appreciate this.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... I have some Moonglow embossing powder too. Midnight something or other, sort of blue black, also coming out on special occasions! Great card Sue, the theme is perfect for our restricted holidays options... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card for a camping lover, the image is perfect! I love the vellum on top.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.