Followers

Saturday 1 May 2021

We'll Always Have Paris at Country View Crafts

Good morning and a very happy Saturday! Can you believe it's May already? It's been another really strange year hasn't it. Sometimes it feels like it's going really quickly, and at others every day is lasting a week. Saying that, we are back at the swimming pool every day, so days now start at 6.30!

 As always a new month means a new challenge at Country View Crafts, and the lovely Craftyfield has chosen 'We Will Always Have Paris'

I started by gathering together anything remotely Parisian.  Mmm, turns out I have quite a bit, but it's all so old! (I'll go with vintage, that sounds better).


I started by cutting my Rolodex cards, and then masking and painting in red and blue.


Then I ran them through some Tim Holtz embossing folders, and rubbing over with some gilding wax.


This is what I actually ended up using on 3 tiny Rolodex cards! There's even a real wooden stamp in there! My craft room did look like I'd been burgled afterwards as I'm not the tidiest of crafters lol.

Please pop across to the challenge blog for loads of lovely inspiration, and then join in with us.

Have a very happy weekend, and thanks so much for looking x






15 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Paris is always a good theme. And I'm glad to know I'm VINTAGE, sounds really better than old! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it happens I have that embossing folder and the Eiffel tower die too... yes some of the supplies are old but it's great to give them an airing from time to time, we have to justify our investment, don't we...
    Love what you did with these oldies, Sue, and the flag background is a clever touch too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design and gorgeous image used.. Have a lovely weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project. It's good to get round to using some of that older stash I'm wondering whether to start at the beginning of the shelf and force myself to use all those old TH dies and the embossing folders and then......oh dear how sad am I especially as there are some that have never been used. I'm sure I had an idea for all of them when I bought them. Have a lovely weekend, hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous makes Sue. I resonate with messy crafting as I never manage to stay tidy lol. How lovely you were able to pull out your ‘old’ sorry vintage stash to rise to this challenge, and rise you did. I especially love the flag idea. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards! I love the embossed backgrounds and wow, you certainly used loads of products to create them - amazing 😀. Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous makes ! Have a happy May ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super take on the theme, Sue!!! I love your French embossed surfaces!!! Great idea!!! Have a happy May!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great make Sue - I love that you had to go digging too - it really made me ponder this one - but thats a good thing! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you use the theme

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea of dividing your Rolodex cards in 3 bands of colors, and next embossing them using the perfect folder!!! They look already fantastic, even without anything :)
    But then, it wouldn't be fun haha... so much more better with all these good oldies... beautiful result Sue, I love this trio!!!
    Happy Wednesday, and crafting of course. :) Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your rolodex cards, Sue! Old supplies deserve to be used from time to time!
    Happy May! Take care
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just fabulous Sue - just perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fab Sue! Happy May. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Sue, and how good to be swimming again :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.