Followers

Friday 15 January 2021

There's No Place Like Gnome

 Good morning and a very happy Friday. Did you get the snow yesterday? we got bucket loads! It was fun to walk in then but now it's very icy so it's an indoor day. The though of slipping on the ice and having to go to hospital fills me with dread - a sign of old age I guess (plus the fact that I can trip over my own shadow)

Today is the start of a fun new challenge over at the Lost Coast Portal To Creativity, and this time it's all about the Gnomes!



I started by watercoloring a background for my gnome village. This tag is huge so it's going to take some filling!


These are the stamps that I've chosen, 3 Gnomes and Stone House. both by Lost Coast Designs.

These were stamped and clear embossed onto scraps of Gelli plate backgrounds. You should never throw anything away, it may become a gnome house! Originally I stamped them onto watercolour card and coloured them in, then fussy cut them out, then decided I didn't like them! They are literally still stuck to my desk as I foam-padded them and everything before I admitted that I just didn't like 'em. I prefer the Gelli plate version much more.


And this is where my gnome lives, in the middle of his street! You'll be singing that all day now - you're welcome!

So please join in with our fun challenge, remember there's Lost Coast dollars up for grabs.

Thanks so much for looking, take care, and have a great weekend x




10 comments:

  1. Love your fun tag, great idea! Stay safe and don't slip on the snow! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue this is adorable. e have walked the dogs but you're right it's not too good at the moment. Stay safe my friend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gnome village and the very proud gnome owner. Fab tag. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love gnomes :)
    I think your tag is amazing.

    No snow for us yet, but it has turned colder again.
    I had a lovely walk yesterday, weather permitting will do so again over the weekend.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Also meant to say, have a good weekend :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these stamps!!
    And I adore your fun giant card Sue!!!
    Lovely make that makes me smile, thank you.
    No snow here in Brittany sadly.. :(
    Happy week-end, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME SUE, love love love the way you have made this,... great stamps and gnomes are too cute.
    No snow here down under but lots of heat and humidity. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've already seen these but just wanted to thank you for the lovely comment today. I had to smile at your excuse for not decorating the back of the card but you see I just get carried away Lol! Well that's my excuse Lol! Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I must be getting past it, I thought I commented on this fabulous gnome card but it must have been on FB.... anyway, I love it and the way you layered the houses up - I think the gnomes would make great Christmas cards too. And yes, I am now humming that song.... Keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are so cute Sue, love the Gnomes there's a lot of them about atm. There houses are so sweet, glad to see they didn't get snowed under could you imagine!! There's a risk of more on it's way this weekend but, i'm not so sure.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.