Followers

Wednesday 9 September 2020

More Complementary Colours For Country View Crafts

Good morning and happy Wednesday. For my second piece for the Country View Craft's challenge, I am using 2 pairs of complementary colours, red / green, and blue / orange.


I chose some of my favourite PaperArtsy stamps by Tracy Scott and started stamping, then I made a mess and started all over again!

So, background take 2! I just need to choose my complementary paints.
If I had to pick a favourite colour it would be Beach Hut, but I have to say I've not yet come across a PaperArtsy Fresco that I didn't like! 
So after much tongue sticking out (yes I really do, I'm such a child), my background is painted.

Then I chopped it up and layered it all onto black card.

I've stuck it all down again with foam tape so it's one to be hand-delivered otherwise it will have to be parcel post! For some reason I seem to have changed the original orientation - luckily I don't think it makes a difference.
I hope you like it, and that you join in with our challenge - remember that you must use complementary colours - that's the whole theme of the challenge.
Take care and have a very happy week x

12 comments:

  1. Wow Sue, this layered card is awesome!!! I absolutely love the result and the colours look amazing on your flowers!!! Have a great week!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style of card, it is just so clever and effective. Great colour combos too. My fav is Aquamarine, cannot get enough of it! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet color play, Sue, but I really love the card design. Chop away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of making this type of card [1] with circles but I would need the dies, quite hopeless with all cutting! Very striking with the contrasting colour scheme! x
    [1] I'm sure this technique had a name, but for the life of me, I can't come up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been years since I've created a pyramid card, and simply must do it again now that I see your beautifully colorful creation! Thanks for reminding me to do this, Sue, and to use bright, cheerful colors! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is brilliant Sue - I love the colours! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like it..?? I LOVE it... I can feel the love for those stamps Sue, you've showcased them magnificently. Lovely colours, so much concentration needed yo layer and match up your design. Beautifully executed. Sorry i'm late picking up on this months challenge, hope to jump in before the month ends, everything crossed.
    Stay safe up there Sue, local lockdown down here again.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love your beautiful layered background Sue and the bright shades are so pretty too.
    So sorry to be mia lately and hoping to do better from now on.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous Sue - I adore the bright colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card and wonderful combination of colours, they work so well together.

    Stay safe and well.
    There are so many local lockdowns here in the UK at the moment.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layered stacked images and the contrasting colours are really zingy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.