Followers

Wednesday 2 September 2020

Have A Jolly Time

Good morning and happy Wednesday. I'm having a change of scenery today, my son and his partner have gone away so we are cat-sitting for a few days. I've been having a play with my Crafty Individual stamps for my DT piece for the Ink Art Designs stamping playground.  I set myself a bit of a challenge, I wanted to make a Christmassy canvas using non-traditional Christmas stamps, so here it is.


I started by making a colourful background with paint and distress inks.

Then added some stars and circles through a stencil.

Just ready now for my Crafty Individuals stamps. The background is CI 514 Paid in Great Britain, and the wonderful puffin is by Alice Palace. The Christmas hat is from the Katzelkraft accessories set, and they can all be found here in Dot's store. 
The red and the purple made my eyes bleed a little at first, but now I'm quite liking the combo.
I hope you join in with our challenge over at the stamping playground, just use any stamps from the ranges that Dot stocks.
Take care and have a very happy month xx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue. I loved seeing how quickly the background came together. The CI stamps really are gorgeous. And how handy is a great Christmas hat!
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs, a great place to find great stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a card to my liking, such fun! Have happy time with your pussy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That puffin is so delightful - the whole card is quirky and fun, especially the red and purple - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always create the most gorgeous backgrounds and that Puffin is brilliant with his Christmas hat on! I love the red and purple together. Keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your use of a "non-traditional" color palette for a seasonal card! Well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Kay, I hope you are all well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue this really made me smile, it's so full of fun and detail. Mr Puffin with his red hat is perfect. Hope you've had a lovely weekend and a happy week to come. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the cat sitting went well.
    I do like the colours you've used for this card, they work so well together.

    It's Sunday evening as I type this, and we've had a nice family get-together in the garden, the burgers on the BBQ went down a treat! So did the wine! LOL

    Have a good new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ho ho ho, I think it's fabulous!!!!
    Love your use of this cute CI stamp that I have too, and don't use much sadly. Wonderful play with it!
    Have a great fun crafty week Sue :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you found time to play during the cat sitting Sue, the puffin looks grand in his Santa hat.. Good to hear your eyes soon adjusted to the colour hee hee!! You got me worried about Christmas now.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.