Followers

Saturday 1 August 2020

Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

Good morning and happy Saturday, welcome to the weekend! This is my first post using the new Blogger so please bear with me. I've literally just spent 15 minutes trying to create a post. I've ended up sending feedback saying I couldn't create a post, clicked send, and then spotted the huge + sign that I'd somehow managed to overlook. Doh!
So, the first of the month always means a new challenge at Country View Crafts, and this month Craftyfield has chosen Beside The Seaside. I'm really looking forward to some seaside time, and here's my first project.





I thought I had loads of 'seaside' type stamps, but it turns out that a lot of them are more 'under the sea' so I chose a few of my favourite PaperArtsy sets.


I started by making a watery background with Distress Oxides and added some stencilling.


Then I added some stamping also with Oxides and smooshed them to blur into the background.


By the time I'd finished stamping, I realised that it was all background and no main image.



So I cut myself a 6x4 aperture so that I could choose where to cut a couple of postcards.


As my original background was 8x8 I didn't have a lot of choices, but it is a good way of focusing on an image.


So I now have two postcards and I'm much happier with them.



So please join in with our challenge, and remember to stick to the Beside The Sea theme, no goldfish or unicorns allowed (I know because I tried 😂)
Have a very happy August, and thanks so much for looking x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece, Sue, as always. I've been using new Blogger for several weeks now, and it get's easier when you get used to it....but is still far from perfect. You will manage it! Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these stamps Sue, so hard to get here but what a brilliant seaside card, absolutely beautiful...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great stamps Sue and a really lovely card. Happy August xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your piece even before it was cut apart! You forgot to mention the several Crafty Individuals stamps you used. I was particularly taken with the bather who appears to transform into a siren with the stencilled "scales" on her legs... much better unicorns!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and design. Yes, the new blogger is challenging.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely make Sue - I love how this evolved - beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue,
    Two beautiful cards, and we can see that you really enjoyed playing with all your gorgeous seaside stamps from PA and CI!!
    You make me wish playing a bit on this theme too :)
    Hugs, I hope you are enjoying the Summer.
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project Sue ! I can't get on with the new Blogger at all so until I have to I am ignoring it ! lol Have a happy month !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful seaside creation Sue, I really love the background you created and the postcard idea was so clever - almost like you planned it. Love this.

    I have not been brave enough to try the new Blogger but really must try.... soon! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stamps and stamping, Sue!!! I love the colours too!!! Happy August!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful seaside creations.
    Lovely cards.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely summery creations - they are so atmospheric and full of nostalgia and vintage character.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the background Sue, reminds me of how the hot summer sun makes everything look so hazy. Good choice with the postcards you got two lovelies now instead of just one. Hope you are keeping well and managing to juggle with the new blogger, i'm still finding my way round it myself.. I really don't like change :( Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever choice to make 2 postcards! I like the faded stamping, looks so unique.
    Have a wonderful August!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.