Followers

Monday 24 August 2020

Don't Make Me Kill You

Good morning and happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend. Today I'm over at the Ink Art Designs Stamping Playground with my Humanoids.
These are such a fun set, very quirky and perfect (I think) for the dreaded masculine card.

I started by making my background. This is Brusho's in black and gray. My card was very wet so I squidged it onto another sheet, so now I have two.

When I took my stamp set out I realised how alike my colour palette was. When they design packaging it's always done to make the images look good, so I hoped that I was onto a winner!

I added some background stamping with Stampotique stamps, and stencilled some texture paste stars.

Then I stamped, cut (yawn) and coloured my Katzelkraft Humanoids.  The only problem was, they didn't look right on my 8x8 card, so time for plan B (by which I mean, time to come up with a plan B)

So I chopped up my 8x8, and also used my 'squidge' piece for the front. The sentiment is one of my favourites from Lost Coast/Carmen's Veranda.  I can really relate to this sentiment!

Here it is opened up.

I teamed it with some bright yellow card on the inside, and I'm really happy with the result.
A massive range of these stamps can be found here in Dot's store, and she still has an offer on all Visible Image and Darkroom Door, and selected Lavinia stamps, so check it out and grab yourself a bargain.
Take care and have a very happy week x

10 comments:

  1. That's a fun card, and great how you managed to think of a plan b. Coffee surely helped! The quote might have been written for me - no coffee, no life, no fun! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, I looove the Humanoids! Your brusho backgrounds look fantastic and thank goodness for Plan B lol.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs, a great place to find great stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely is this card, beautiful colours and result. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the card, really quirky chaps you have there. Great choice of colours too. Love the stitching too. Have a great crafty week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be happy, it is a fabulous card, fun and quirky and definitely perfect as a masculine card. Brilliant work Sue! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faboolous. I love these quirky humanoids and they do go so well with the sentiment. Fab colours and design. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes these quirky humanoids are fun.
    Great card, well done.

    Hope your week is going well, can you believe it will be the last weekend of August in a few days!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know Brusho's, but do know your work and I find this piece amazing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I looooove your card Sue!!! Brilliant combining of stamps, the Humanoïds with Carmen's Veranda one is hilarious!!!!
    Really beautiful moreover. Will pin this card somewhere on my inspirational boards :)
    Have fun and sun in your soul despite the chilly weather :) Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.