Followers

Friday 23 February 2018

A Hipster Birthday

Good morning and happy  Friday, welcome to the weekend. For my second 'anything but cute' piece for Country View Crafts I knew exactly what I needed - a 'man' card. Is it just me or are these getting harder and harder to make? Anyway, here it is.

 Again it seems to be pretty much a Tim Holtz goodies creation, so I'll put all the links at the end of the post.


 I made a Distress Oxide background, a colour at a time, drying between each colour to try and avoid making brown. This is layer 1.

 And this is layer 2 with some background stamping and white paint spatters. I'm getting a bit braver now with my spatters, I used to be very delicate, but now I get straight in there!


 Next I cut out some bits with Thinlits Mixed Media dies, and painted and stapled on some thin wooded circles. The 'boom' has been stamped and embossed in white, then a white circle drawn arround it. I must remember to clean my circle die.These come in really handy for drawing around as you can see where you are going rather than having it over the top of your paper, but then I forget to clean them....


 I do like how these colours look together, I actually got out my colour wheel to make sure they would work together, and it was well worth turning out my junk drawer (number 1) to find it.

Next I cut a frame out of chipboard so that it was nice and chunky, then embossed it with a script embossing folder.  I painted it with black gesso, then went over with silver gilding wax.  The handsome guy has been stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with Distress Markers.


 Looking very handsome in his frame.


 I've woven some silver metalic thread arround the wooden hoop to give it some nice texture.

Then added a simple sentiment and a bit of white pen to finish it all off. I even put an insert in straight away - it's a new years resolution to be more organised. It'll never last lol.

I'm entering Mr Handsome into the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge Grunge It Up and also the
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, Make Your Own Background

There's still a little time to join in with our challenge, so put away all things cute and give it a go. Have a great weekend, and thanks very much for looking xx

Supplies
Newsprint & Type TH Stamp
Crazy Thoughts Stamps
Simple Sayings Stamps
Ornate Frame Die

10 comments:

  1. What a cool hipster card, Sue!!! I love your background!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those background colours are yummy Sue and I love the touches of texture you added too. Have a lovely weekend . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really stunning! Love it!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the background, the die cutting and the frame... it looks even better with the embossing! Fab card Sue, Tim would approve too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I do agree, they are getting harder to make but you have done a brilliant job on this, love the Hipster and the fabulous background you created! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Sue and go you with your daring splatters!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card with this handsome boy! =) I love all the details you added and your background is gorgeous!
    Have a pretty sunday!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree about the difficulty creating man cards but you've cracked it with this one Sue, there's loads of elements and techniques you could use to create others. Full of texture and loving it.
    I had to giggle about the White splatters for me they are best created outdoors (my poor plants!!) Hee hee..
    Happy Sunday Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing card Sue, love the oxide background and what's not to love about that adorable Hipster Chimp, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome and so much fun, love the texture and that chimp is just fab.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, I hope you have a great day x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.