Followers

Sunday 1 October 2017

Too Much Happy

Good morning and happy Sunday. What can I say, it's October 1st already. When I was young this meant it was nearly my birthday and then Christmas. Now I'm older it means it's nearly my birthday, and then Christmas! Our new challenge theme at Country View Crafts is Mixed Media with Autumnal Hues. Here's mine  




I started with Distress Oxides in Autumnal shades, on a piece of mixed media card. I always think of orange and brown are the main Autumn colours, but when I looked in the garden there are lots of purples and yellows still.


Then I die cut some paper leaves and added some gilding flakes. On the cloth leaves, I added some Frantage.


Now every dog loves to play in giant leaves, and Crazy Dog is no exception! Thank heavens for the die's, soooo much nicer than having to cut these out.


I added a tag in the corner with a Carmen's Veranda sentiment.
There we are - all done! These dogs still make me smile just as much as they did the first time I used them.

I hope you join in with our challenge. Happy Autumn, and thanks very much for looking x

I'm entering this into the following challenges
Crafty Cardmakers - Autumn
That's Crafty - Forever Autumn
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge - Gold
Deep Ocean - Goodbye Summer 
Mixed Media World - Anything Mixed Media

21 comments:

  1. Lovely build up of layers and delicious colour, it sure does warm your cockles.. :)) You were very lucky having dies to cut your leaves Sue, it takes an age to hand cut them but it's so worth it when you finally get to display them. Warm Hugs and best wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves are so life-like! Gorgeous... and funny too, the dog also makes me smile every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Sue - the leaves look really real - and that crazy dog is a fabulous addition! Love this! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun piece Sue, I love the dog playing there! Fab autumn leaves. Happy October xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is just amazing Sue, I can’t stop looking at those leaves, they look so real!!!
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous Sue.
    Thank you so much for entering my Autumn challenge at CCM. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Sue - I love the gilding on the leaves - and that dog is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and cute with that fun dog. Bet he's having fun scrunching through all those leaves. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Sue!!! I love the colours of your leaves and the gold gilding flakes look fabulous on them!!! And of course, the dog is really cute!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your crazy dog kicking up the leaves - fabulous colours. Happy October to you... glad to hear it's nearly your birthday, and then Christmas!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project Sue, love the dog in the leaves !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun piece, I love the thought of your dog playing in those over sized leaves and the sentiment is wonderful too! You have created such lovely detail with the splatters on the leaves and the red stitching around the edge - beautiful 😁. Wishing you a Happy October! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!!!
    I love this card Sue, very much. This dog always made me smile too! :D
    I'm asking how you made the largest leaves?... They are so realistic and glossy. Beautiful, beautiful work!!
    Hugs and happy coming birthday (when?... :D)
    Coco xx
    PS: I think you can add the PA new challenge to your list, the theme is glitter and your leaves look perfect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coco, these leaves are lovely, they cost a whole £1 from The Works for a big bag full. My birthday is on the 13th - it's a Friday! xx

      Delete
  14. Oh, how gorgeous! One nearly can hear the dog longing for breath. The leaves look so real and the background is great.
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Sue :-) the little pup is so cute playing in the autumn leaves, absolutely fabulous! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What an absolutely stunning creation Sue. The oxide background is just gorgeous and your Autumn leaves are so beautiful.
    Thanks for joining in with our Autumn challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you lots of luck.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this Sue. You have a great sense of humour! Love the background, diecuts are totally spiffing and the dog just creased me up! Fabulous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving this card to bits, gorgeous leaves and the dog just finishes it off brilliantly. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is super fun and cool, Sue. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers' WC Challenge for October.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.