Followers

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Happy Families

Good morning and happy Wednesday.  I'm very pleased to be sharing my second 'metal' piece with you today for Country View Crafts and this time it's a blast from the past - VerDay Paints.



They're a handsome lot, aren't they!


This started life as a rather fetching plastic frame.


This was given a couple of coats of brass and copper VerDay paints and left to dry. It's ages since I used this - it was all the rage but then something else came out and it was all forgotten. It's nice to go back sometimes and find the old favourites.


It was painted a 3rd time, and whilst wet, sprayed with the 'activator' and left to work its magic.


I do like the mottled patina effect. I also added some gilding flakes in random patches using bubble wrap.


I covered the inner sheet with my backing card cut to size - it had to fit 'cos it came out of the frame.


Of course, the family photo has to have the family in it! I've used my uber cool Hipster family stamp set and dies. I can't decide who I love the most - sometimes it's the monkey, then the cat, and sometimes it's all about the goat! I also stamped a couple of sentiments from the Crazy Thoughts set.


In the end though I decided that these weren't quite right, and went with the Mini Crazy Cats and Dogs. They were all coloured with Distress Markers

To finish I used a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Quote Chips.

And there we are - happy (maybe a little grumpy) family all done!

There's still lots of time for you to enter our challenge, just show us your metal! 
Have a very happy day, and thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. LOVE that frame, and your family looks much more interesting than mine! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow--what a fabulous project! Really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really Happy *Happy Family* piece Sue, great use of forgotten craft stash. A few of my family members look pretty similar to yours hee hee!! Love it..
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous patina on your lovely heart frame, and the Hipsters look right at home - with fantastic colouring too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab make Sue, I can't say I've ever heard of those paints though but they look great :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that fabulous patina! And your Hipster's are the coolest! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous alteration of your plastic frame! It's hard to believe it was only plastic and not wood :-) Great job! I love your technique with the bubble wrap! You created a fantastic frame for the Hipster family and a dog and a cat :-) Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Verdigris is one of my favourite effect, copper against green is so beautiful! Your family makes me smile, it's a great décor piece that will have people talking...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic transformation and family haha, so fun!!!! :D
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, this is so incredible! You would have totally won the Sizzix challenge with this bad boy! Fabulous creativity. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I love your altered family frame! So funny! Brilliant idea, dear Sue!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.