Followers

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Be Happy

Good afternoon and happy Wednesday. Today I'm sharing my second piece that I made for the Lost Coast Designs 'numbers' challenge.


I seem to have 2 types of projects, those that turn out something like they were in my head, and those that bear no resemblance. This one is pretty much what I had going on in my head (along with a squillion other things that are never going to save the planet, like boy bands of the 80's and Flearoy and Moose from the TV ads - I LOVE Flearoy and Moose!)

White cat in a snowstorm time! The border stamp has been diagonally stamped across the page, then clear embossed. I thought I could do a few lines at a time, but the ink dried too quickly, so I had to stamp a line and emboss, stamp a line and emboss....

It was worth it though, I love how it's turned out! The stamp is the Numbers Border and it's 8 inches long! I've sponged bright Distress inks over the top so the numbers really pop.

Then I've chomped bits out with dies, and mounted onto black card.

I made a Brusho background and stamped the wonderful Medium Doodle Feather. Although this is a really ornate stamp it's really easy to cut out.

And there we are. Feathers in place, and the Carmen's Veranda sentiment stamped onto a leftover bit of Brusho background.

You still have until the 25th to join in so come on and make the numbers up (sorry!)

Have a wonderful day, and thanks very much for looking x

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece with a wonderful feather. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner Sue, love your process and use of the feather really goes so well. That quote is just marvellous.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Sue, I always have a giggle too when I pop into your blog :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove this Sue! It is absolutely beautiful! I love the colours, the feather, the background the sentence, well I love everything with this card. Thank you so much for the tut., and for the inspiration!
    Have a wonderful Day!
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, I am so loving this. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.