Followers

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Good Times!

Good morning and a very Happy Tuesday. Today I'm the new girl on the block on the Visible Image design team, and for my first piece I've made a monolith.


I love these monoliths, they are so smooth and take whatever you care to throw at them. In this case lots of paint, embossing paste, and embossing powders.


I started by working out where my main image was going to go (Behind Every Mask) then adding some texture paste through a stencil.
I've made my own high tech stencil ;-) and added lots of Dina Wakley paints.
and more paint, it's looking really bad now isn't it!
Stamped my Behind Every Mask stamp, and started with the stencilling.
In the end I stamped it 3 times, with a Frantage layer in the middle. I've found with these stamps that black embossing powder gives a much better effect than black ink with clear embossing .
There's also lots of stamping in the background. I've used the text from Revolution and the small stamp from Rays of Light.
Had to add the obligatory sequins...




And because it's a monolith you can just turn it over and play on the other side too!


You can see the base better on this one. They are a fabulous fit, you just slot the monolith in and it stands up perfectly.


There are squillions of stamps on this one - I LOVE a good background stamp, they are my unsung hero's lol.

I've used
No Regrets
Flower Inkognito
Glimmer of Light - for the words
Rays of Light
How Fragile We Are - for the words
Universal
The Ripple Effect

I am so happy to be part of the team, these are such fabulous stamps to work with.
Here are some links for you to check out some wonderful inspiration from the DT
Website and blog
Facebook group
Facebook page

Have a great day, and thanks very much for looking x

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece, Sue. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your piece Sue, so artistic and very effective. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of one of these but you have certainly made a very interesting art piece Sue

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous monolith Sue, you have added so much texture and colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing Sue - I really love it - and huge congrats on the design team - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous piece, Sue - love the colour, design and the truth of your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Sue ! How lovely to have you on the team !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fabulous!!!!!
    Well done Sue, and I'm so happy for you for this new team. I think these stamps will be great for you and perfect to showcase your wonderful talent :)
    Hugs again xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.