Followers

Thursday 1 October 2015

Kilroy Was Here

I know I'm showing my age now, but we'll not talk about that lol. Welcome to October which means it's time for a new challenge at  Country View Crafts. This month it's Jennie's to to chose the theme, and she's gone with 'add texture'. I've chosen something that you either love or hate (I love it) its graffiti.
There's lots of different textures in this one.

I started with the Crafter's Companion Dry Stone Wall embossing folder, and rubbed over it with Metallic Lustre in Silver Spark and Lavish Green.
My next layer is an embossing folder again  this time it's Pebbles. I've used Core'dinations Whitewash paper and then sanded back. I've gone over the top with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Transparent Yellow Oxide.
Time for my graffiti wall which was painted and stencilled in the same yellow oxide and Quinacridone Gold. For today at least these are my favourite colours.
Time for fun now. Lots of layering and tearing and a general scruffying of edges.
My graffiti sprays are DecoArt Mixed Media Sprays in just about every colour that I own.
The stamping in the centre has been embossed too for extra texture.
Next layer is White Crackle Paste which has gone through the same stencil, and rubbed over with black metallic lustre when dry.
This also went through an Andy Skinner stencil. Just look how these Media misters layer together!
I finished off with my rasta rat in the corner and a Dylusions crow in the centre.
This was great fun to make, I really enjoyed it.
I hope that you will join in too and add some texture to your art.
I'm also entering this into the We Love 2 Create Mixed Media/anything goes challenge.
Hope you like it, and thanks very much for looking xx

12 comments:

  1. Terrific textures a s layers

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sue and yes I do have a soft spot for Banksy too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh. Kilroy! That is a blast from the past!
    Loving all the textures Sue. Brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the layers and texture - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer - this is a real triumph, Sue! I love the wild graffiti, the peeled back framing and the fabulous brick textures.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny graffiti project! :-D I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome work Sue - love this!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Sue love the effect you created xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous, all the different layers look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hun this is brilliant all the added detail is first class love it to bits hun hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a fabulous creation Sue! Amazing colours and layers and love how you've torn the edges to frame your central motif. And I must be as old as you because I definitely remember when Kilroy was here LOL! Thanks for sharing this great project, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.