Followers

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Today's The Day...

..that a) the teddy bears have their picnic,  and 
b) there's a new challenge at Stampotique, 
The challenge  has been chosen by Corrie, and she wants us to use stencils. Here's what she says
Hello and Happy Wednesday!  I love using stencils.  They add another layer to your background and lots of interest too.  Use them with paint, ink model paste or even gesso.  Show me what you do with stencils and have fun!
Here's mine 

I know, I know I'm ** old - really?? oh yeah, but this idea would not get out of my head.

I started with an Aqua Tint background, then added my stenciling with black gesso. Then the fun began.
Stamped and coloured lots of Teddy's, to start with they were all holding hands and swinging through the trees George Of The Jungle style, but they weren't quite right.
So now they're in pairs and are enjoying a picnic. I made them a rug from some hessian and dyed with Distress Stains.
Wee Owl and Hare are hanging around for leftovers. The voices in my head told me to add the spider...
So if you go down to the Stampotique Blog you'll see lots of grown up artwork with stenciling, I hope you join in too.
Thanks very much for looking x

12 comments:

  1. This is really great and the background is terrific

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant Sue,you always make me smile with your humour and wonderful creations ;)
    Big Teddy Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fab teddy page! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Singing away as i read your post Sue, fantastic Teddy Bear's picnic and i love the spider lol. Another fabulous and fun card! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha again, this is also brilliant and funny!! You have a wonderful imagination, I love it!!! also your background is very beautiful! Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so adorable Sue, love all your teddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe, love it Sue, great fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your little bears, great stencilling too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely lovely teddy bears' picnic... the trees look amazing in black gesso. But now I'm going to be singing that song all day!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.