Followers

Wednesday 17 October 2012

With Apologies To Father Ted....

It's Carol's turn to choose the theme in this weeks Stampotique Designers Challenge, and she's chosen one of my favourites - backgrounds.
"It's my turn to set the theme this week for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. I love to use my rubber stamps for my backgrounds, so this week you are challenged to use your stamps for your backgrounds, as well as your main focal image.

What I love about using your stamps in this way is that you can get a truly original background as even you will never be able to get the same one again."

Ever since I saw Kira's Owl Tree it reminded me of the Father Ted sketch where Dougal is confused with small or far away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25N-4zrk390 I can watch this a thousand times and still laugh.
I wanted to do my background on black and use some bleach but I think I must have the wrong card 'cos I used thick bleach, thin bleach, strong bleach, weak bleach and very smelly bleach but my black stayed black! If anyone knows a good black card for bleaching please let me know.
Sooo Plan B... white card, lots of distress ink for the base, stamped and embossed with Vintage Script then overstamped with water for the ghosting effect.
Then a mixture of stamps stamped in H2o's and perfect pearls. This is very twinkly IRL.
It was a shame to cover these gorgeous new stamps up!
I've used Heart Vine
Flying Heart
Grass
Vintage Script
Owl With Wings
Wee Owl
Owl Tree
Tree
Great Moon
All of these are available from Stampotique Originals.

The owls have distress ink backgrounds too. Great Moon has been stamped on text paper, and the stars behind Owl With Wings have been stamped with the star stamp on the bottom of the moon.
The tree has been coloured with capuchino perfect pearl mist , and Wee Owl has been made into a brad.
Owl Tree has been stamped and embossed, and their eyed dabbed in with a white gel pen.

I really enjoyed this challenge, so thank you very much Carol.
So now it's your turn to make your own stamped background and join us using the link. Don't forget you can still join in the Whatever the Weather and Scrap It challenges too.
Thanks very much for looking.

12 comments:

  1. Love it! Very cool with all the different owls. And your background is gorgeous. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic piece and I think you now hold the world record for the most stamps used on one piece! :D Can't help with the card, I'll try some of mine later and if it works I'll send you some x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Fabulous creations and such inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I'm so pleased you took a photo of the background before you placed your birdies, it's fab and like you say, such a shame to cover it up.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, your background is just beautiful! TFS!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the richness of color :) awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, Sue... that background is simply fabulous, even if you did have to go the long way round to get there, and your ATC attachments are just a delight! Have also always loved that Father Ted bit - it's gone down in family 'quotation' history - and I don't think there's any need to apologise - it's a great tribute! Thanks for the link!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved thar you used my heart vine and fling heart stamp! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the one with the owl is STUNNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally can comment on your blog again :-) Amazing!! Love the backgrounds and colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue, loving all your wonderful makes, what a busy lady :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great... everything works so well together.
    xx
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.