Followers

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Madame Butterfly

For this fortnight the recipe at Tag It On as chosen by Helen is A Symphony of Flowers, and she would like to see 'a pinch of greenery, buttons, and a butterfly or two' Of course we also need at least one real stamp.
Sooo I was very methodical in making this. First of all I gathered my colours and stamps (I usually just ink a background then wing it from there but not this time) The stamps are a mixture of Hero Arts clear stamps, and B Line Designs, and I have to say they have all had their maiden inking and have passed with flying colours.
The background is a mix of orange and yellow Pan Pastel (surprise!!) then I've used a stencil around the edge and gone over with magenta PP. The receipt has been stamped in Versamark then gone over gently with PP, and the butterfly has been Flitter Glued then had Indigo Blu leafing flakes over the top.
My flower heads have also been glued then sprinkled with glass glitter, and my flower buttons have been stamped with the same receipt stamp. These have been threaded with linen thread. For some reason buttons without thread creep me out - weird eh!
If you're thinking that you've seen (or done) butterflies like these recently, that because these two started life on a Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2012. They stayed there for about a week, then fell off! Never one to throw anything away I rescued them from the bits and pieces box and thought they looked rather swish on here.
Please join us over at Dragons Dream- Tag It On, and show us yer tags.
Thanks very much for looking x

14 comments:

  1. Lurve the colours of those PP's ;) Great tag.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simply stunning tag, the colours are fab! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, lovely colours and you sure put everything into it! I never throw anything away that falls off something, I find sooner or later it 's just what I need. Hope the kitchen isn't driving you too mad! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag... Love the detail and colours!! Brillant.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag I love the colour. I've heard a few people say that about buttons, you had better not look at mine then hun lol. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic tag, beautiful colors and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I really love these colors. Such a wonderful tag, full of summer feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning tag - the colours are fantastic, love all the stamping detail and the butterflies are beautiful - a very eye-catching piece. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the stamps you used and the colours are so beautiful, great tag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab tag, love the pans and great salvage of the butterflies.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab colours and great re-cycling!!! I am doing some of that now, cos sometimes the embellies we make deserve more than one outing eh!!! This is a lovely dream
    Love and light
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, using never inked stamps! Love your tag, the colours are gorgeous, the butterflies fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour on this tag! Simply fantastic! Love your 'repurposing' I do it all the time but don't often own up to it so I admire your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUMMY, vibrant, rich color...very pretty. Love the butterflies. Have a great weekend,
    shawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.