Followers

Thursday 3 May 2012

Lost In Translation

The challenge this fortnight over at Stampotique is to make an ATC. It can take me as long, and cause as much mess to make one of these as it could to decorate a small housing estate. I am not quick, and I'm not tidy!! Anyway... I started by making the background. The usual ink, paint, stencils, and the Stampotique French Text stamp. My Gentleman Fox has been coloured with Prisma pencils. Now to me, and everyone in Britain there is only one fox. Drum roll please for Mr Basil Brush - Boom Boom!! 


Told you some things get lost in translation lol. 
My second ATC features the wonderful Old Timey Frog. What is not to love about this stamp! He's been painted in Dylusion inks and decoupaged. As I don't have a printer at the moment the words have had to be handwritten. How I wish I was one of those people who could write, or draw, or even doodle, but never mind - I have rubber!!
Thanks very much for looking x

16 comments:

  1. oh Hun,what stunning ATC's your detail is just fantastic,the colours,and stamps work beautifully hugs Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great atc's Sue and I think your own handwriting makes them extra special.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like hand writing on an atc, makes them all the more individual. I love them both, but nice to go down memory like with good old Basil lol. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basil was a favourite of mine - how long ago though?!!
    Love these ATC's, thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basil Brush! Now you have taken me back! Love your ATCs - what fun! That frog reminds me of Hector's house!
    To be honest I much prefer the teeth rotting sugary cough candy to cherry lips too! Found some in an old fashioned sweet shop in Southwold last year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and funny ATCs! Love them!Thanks for joining us at SDC 53.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic ATC's Sue. They are so bright and colourful and certainly catch the eye. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab ATCs! I really love that frog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah, how fantastic, both ATCs are great, but the first one is outstanding. I LOVE frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun ...love this Sue yes like the others your handwriting just makes this well done fab creation I loved Basil Too ...Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun atc's, they both made me laugh! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant Atc's. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    Hope the student finance is going well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous ATC's-love the frog! Thanks for joining us at SDC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE these! Fabulous backgrounds and love those images! Great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.