Followers

Sunday 13 February 2011

It's All Hearts

I've been wanting to try cutting an aperture into a card with my nesties for a while, so today I decided to give it a go. I stuck the Basic Grey Eva paper on first, then cut through the folded card with 2 sizes of nesties (I don't know which one it is, but one is from the bigger set for the Grand Calibur. It didn't quite cut through cleanly, and if I did it again I would put the cutting die next to the front rather than the back.
I put some acetate into the window to give the card some strength. The Art Journey stamps have also been stamped then layered onto more BG papers, and I've added some to the inside for strength.
I love acetate cards, but it's such a pain having to tidy up the inside.
I'm entering this into the Art Journey, The Stampman, and Basic Grey, which are all 'hearts' challenges.
Thanks very much for looking x

12 comments:

  1. Terrific card Sue and love the couple dancing and the quote. The shape of your card is great. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shapes and colours Sue and cutting through with the nesties has worked well hasn't it?
    Thankyou for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment, I really appreciate it.
    It's lovely to see this entered into the Stamp Man hearts challenge. Good luck.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've used the Nesties to make the card, Sue. I've been tempted by the large dies but not yet sucummbed!!
    That Art Journey image is one of my favourites too. It's perfect for Valentines isn't it. It's a stunning looking card and I'm so glad you joined us at The Stampman.
    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Sue, love the colours and the style, really elegant xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece, Sue! Thanks for joining us at the Art Journey Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!Such a gorgeous card and great shape with the Nesties-very special!
    thank you for joining us at BasicGrey,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sue, I love the image you've used and your aperture has worked out perfectly ! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful heart, Sue! Thanks for joining us at the Art Journey challenge #6.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really Love your card Sue!!! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Fabulous x thanks for playing along with the Stamp Man challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.