Followers

Friday 25 April 2008

Challenge Ismaki - 16



This is the first time I've taken part in a challenge like this, so please forgive me if it's not right!
I've used Rusty Pickle papers, these are double sided, so it was easy to get four that correspond.
The large scull is by Tim Holtz. It's with the unmounted set with the birds. I really liked the birds, which is why I bought the set. I thought that the scull was the duff one that I would never use, but it's the one I've used first and I love it!!
I stamped onto yellow crackle paint into which I had rubbed spiced marmalade distress ink. I find this paint much easier to get on with than the distress embossing powder - that image ended up in the bin :o(
The sentiment and shrink plastic bits and bobs are Tanda Stamps.
I also got a bit carried away with my favourite toy, my white paint pen.
I really enjoyed making this, and like all of my cards lately I've got a home for it to go to straight away.



I liked this challenge so much I decided to do it all over again!!
This one is made from K & Co Margo papers which are soooo lovely, very sparkely. The image is my one and only Tilda stamp. I do like her but don't feel the need to buy every one in the set (no hate mail please lol)
I edged the card in embossable tape glue, and glitz'd it up with tinsel embossing powder.
All the embellishments are K & Co - I think I got 'em as a set from QVC a couple of months ago. The wording is done using my Cuttlebug - I never though I'd get a die cutting machine, but I wouldn't be without my bug now.
It isn't much of a sentiment, but as it's my Grandma's 94th birthday next week I hope it's allowed.
Thanks so much for the challenge, hope to take part again next week.
http://ismaki.wordpress.com/2008/04/21/challenge-ismaki-16-beatrix/

8 comments:

  1. Great Cards, I love the card you have made for your Grandam. Such a cute Tilda.. she will love it! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beauriful cards with lovely colors ! Great work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning cards. Such beautiful. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards look great!!! They are so differrent, although you start with the same sketch, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jolie carte !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. both works are really wonderful and so great.
    thank you for your participation to my sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.