Followers

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Shoot For The Moon

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Today I'm over at the Ink Art Designs Stamping Playground with my Stampotique Canvas.

This is very much inspired by a Mixed-Up tutorial that featured Just A Girl And Her Imagination stamps, I loved the look of it, but didn't want to copy so I tried to go my own way.

 Just look at that, a blank canvas. Isn't it the scariest thing you've ever seen!

 So much finger painting later and I have a background.

 Next, I wanted some crackle clouds for my sky, so out with the crackle paste and my homemade stencils. 

 I also wanted a bit more texture on my canvas so I used a sponge and more paint.

 Next, I added some text stamping with one of my favourite Stampotique text stamps.

 I also added lots of texture pastes through stencils.

 I love how these clouds and stars look.

 I wanted to stamp onto silver, but I hate stamping onto Mirri card so I painted my own silver card.

 This was for Angelboy, another of my favourite stamps.

 In fact, I've used lots of my favourites here. The background is Journey Collage - this and Shoot For The Moon are two of my - you've guessed it, favourite sentiments.
So here we are, all done, and I have to say it, I really like this. There are oodles of Stampotique stamps here in Dot's store, and more are arriving soon.
I hope you like my canvas, and join in with our challenge over at Ink Art Designs.
I'm linking my canvas to this months TIMI anything goes challenge at Craft Stamper.
Take care, and thanks very much for looking x

6 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous Sue, you went to town on this one. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. Wow! What a difference the finish is from how you started with a blank canvas! It looks spectacular.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs - where you will find fantastic stamps in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always terrified by a blank canvas but you have certainly grasped the metal and got on with it! The background you created is superb and I just love that quirky character you added. Brilliant work! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious textured clouds and I love the white text against the dreamy blue sky. Great words to go with Angelboy's determined stance.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you are pleased Sue, this looks brilliant.
    Love the textures and colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue i'm so late to visit, what is wrong with ME!!! Someone/thing just eats away my hours. You've had lot's of fun creating this canvas and look at you clever clogs with your cloud stencil. Lot's of lovely texture & techniques upon this canvas, I can see why Angel Boy is a favourite. That quote is fantastic, I love it. HUGS Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.